1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

My first attempt at drawing a Muppet

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Skeeter Muppet, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

My first attempt at drawing a Muppet. Knowing me, it's a given that Skeeter is the subject of said fanart. It's Geocities, so copy and paste the URL into your address bar.

http://www.geocities.com/skeetermuppet/skeeterscan2.JPG

I used mechanical pencil on lined notebook paper, and I'm kind of afraid to color it because I don't want to totally screw it up. I drew her at what I estimate to be about ten years old, and her hairstyle I got from looking at the cover of one of those Muppet Kids books. I was going to try my hand at an adult Skeeter, but ever since I saw that MuppetFest picture done by Chris Smigliano with Scooter carrying Baby Skeeter on his shoulders, I've liked Skeeter as a kid better. *shrugs*

-Kim

2. Boober_Baby

Boober_Baby New Member

Aw, it's super cute! And I love the detailing on the shoes. She's all long and lanky, but I like it. You've gotta great style!

And I understand how you feel about colouring your pics, I feel the same way. My pictures always look way better before I colour them, but then I think I should add something and it always looks horrible after I do. ><

^_^ Debo

3. radionate

radionate New Member

Who did your avatar Debo?

And great job Kim!

4. Boober_Baby

Boober_Baby New Member

Oh, actually a friend drew it for me. Yeah, I'm not as talented as him. It's pretty nifty, I think! I wish I could draw that well.

Here's the full version of the picture...

http://www.boomspeed.com/fraggled/boober_bishounen.jpg

Credits to the artist, Alejandro Lee, and I am that little betrayed requester Fraggle dudette at the bottom! (Cept now my hair's purple, not red)

^_^ Debo

5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Very cool picture Kim! You should do more Muppet art! This looks even better than my concept for a more grown up Skeeter, heh.

Indeed, I encourage each and everyone on here to do their own Muppet art, be it drawing, painting, writing a story or song, etc.

6. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

the page isnt available

7. Skeeter Muppet

Like I said before, copy and paste the URL into your browser. And don't do it in the window that comes up when you click on the link; paste it into the address bar of the window you are presently viewing. Then it should come up.

-Kim

8. Movies205

Movies205 New Member

It's very nice! :)

9. hdofu

hdofu New Member

Wish I could see it :(

10. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

wow! i wish i could draw anything other than stick people!

Sarah

11. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

i can draw some pretty good muppet pictures....a few years ago, i drew a picture with the electric mayhem playing in a club on the beach and it had a few what not muppets and clifford, rizzo, and pepe on there...not to bad..

ryan

12. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well if u need a person to draw stick muppets. call me!!!

Sarah

13. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

Hey, sweet fanart, Skeeter! I love it!!:)

BTW, where can I find that Muppetfest pic Chris did? I'd love to see that!:)

Baby Rowlf

14. Akasha

Akasha New Member

Hahaha that was great!! Keep up the great work!!

:p

15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I still can't see it. Can someone help me with this picture. I tried for the whole URL thing and it still won't work.

16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

It was ages ago, so that page might be taken down by now.

17. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I just looked at it now! :D

Great job!

To those having trouble, right click the link and "copy shortcut", then paste it in your address bar and "go"!

:)
    Anthony

18. Skeeter Muppet

19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

You did a great job on Skeeter. I love how you made her look like a teenager. LOOOOOOVVEE IT!!!

20. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

Hey, Skeeter Muppet, awesome job! I agree with what you say, beaker. It's really strange, but I feel a stronger connection with the Muppets when I attempt to draw them. Plus, it's a lot of fun and even if you can't really draw (like me) you can still do your best and create really fun scenarios. I am working on a Muppet Robinson Crusoe thingamajig, where Kermit is Crusoe and Gonzo is Friday. It stinks but like I say, it's fun.