My first Bert Replica.

psiomicron

Reaction score
Ok so I decided to try to make a clothed fleece puppet and Bert is the first to come to my mind! :frown:

So here is my first attempt at that... Now that I have Bert I gotta make Ernie, just wouldn't be right if I didn't!

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/36682/2000981770888297420_rs.jpg

More pics to come...

The position he is in doesn't look quite right. Possibly the angle I took it at. I will get more later.

Thanks!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Not bad! maybe the eyes should be a bit smaller and nose a bit bigger.

psiomicron

Reaction score
Your right about the nose.... I think that is what is making the eyes look bigger as well. I am in the process of swapping it out for a bigger one. Well see if that evens out the eyes.

Whispers

Reaction score
Wooow great job! Looks good to me, keep it up!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Your right about the nose.... I think that is what is making the eyes look bigger as well. I am in the process of swapping it out for a bigger one. Well see if that evens out the eyes.
A good trick is to get a good reference pic of Bert and take it to a copy shop and measure the distance inbetween Bert's ears in the picture and then the distance on your puppet and enlarge the picture the correct ratio till the picture is lifesize.You may have to put the image on several sheets of paper and then match them up by overlaping them and tape the back.Then this will give you the correct position and sizes of the eyes and nose, etc.

psiomicron

Reaction score
Ya that is what I did. I got a good pic of Bert and got the measurements and ratios. The nose was off tho because I just used what I have. This will be changed shortly. The overlapping is a good idea too tho! I will definitely try it when I make Ernie.

Thanks again!

Erine81981

Reaction score
That is an awsome replica of Bert. Can't wait to see Ernie when he gets made. :frown: :stick_out_tongue:

BorkBork

Reaction score
I like it, even tho it is not exact.He definately has charachter, and looks like a younger version of Bert. Thumbs up!

Whispers

Reaction score
By the way, what did you make the eyes with? O: