1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

My first Grover puppet!

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by psiomicron, Nov 26, 2004.

1. psiomicron

psiomicron New Member

2. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Very Cool :cool: ! :)
  3. Iokitek

Iokitek New Member

Yeah really well done :) I had one puppet of wich the mouth failed. So I'm thinking of giving him grover lips to cover it up.
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

One of my favorite characters of all I love it. You did great! Keep up the good work.
  5. psiomicron

psiomicron New Member

Thank you! I'm gonna get more pictures posted, he is a liittle scrunched because my hand is not in him. He is taller than he looks there! :p
  6. Not bad, but the eyes are kind of sloppy. Still better than anything I could ever do. How did you do it?
  7. muppetmayhem

muppetmayhem Member

you already have a thread that is the same thing. oh, well. I guess you will get twice the amount of replies and feed back
  8. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Its an excellent puppet, congratulations!
  9. Iokitek

Iokitek New Member

Actually... the eyes could be better. I would replace them with spoon eyes or something. These look like they were just cut out of fabric. But the corners usually start coming loose then wich is not a pretty sight :) just a suggestion.
  10. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

boy, he's a cutie pie! How did you make him? Send me a pm of the instructions, as I am impressed, eyes could be better tho...

BJ
  11. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

that's really cool!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
  12. psiomicron

psiomicron New Member

Ah the eyes. I had to make 10 different pair of eyes to get it somewhat right. After reading these post had sanded down the edges to make it smoother and more round, so it is looking better. I didn't use felt for the eyes but hard foam so it is stiff but pliable if needed.

I added more pics to the site because I believe the last ones made him look like he had no neck (due to me not having my hand in him). :)

So here he is again (with my arm):

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/psiomicron/my_photos
  13. Can I have it?

You could try using something roubd as a guide when cutting out the eyes. How did you make him? I recently had a craft store open up around the corner and I finally have a place to buy foam and fabric! I must try this.
  14. pennyring

pennyring New Member

Totally great Grover! Good job!! I'm impressed. :) Your avatar rocks too! :D
  15. buckshot

buckshot New Member

16. psiomicron

psiomicron New Member

Thanks again to everyone who liked him! :) How I went about making him. Well first I bought a big Styrofoam ball, 1 inch thick foam (that they use in old couches), fur - about 3 to 4 yards if it, would suggest more if you plan to make mistakes like I did ;). Stuffing, like the stuff you use for fake snow on Christmas, needle and thread, liquid nails glue *very important saves you a lot of trouble in hard to sew areas and felting. Felt black and red for the mouth. Now that you got that email me at psiomicron@yahoo.com for rough instructions how to put him all together, so I don't make a 2 page or more post! :D