My First Original Puppet!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Alright, what I'm gonna show you now is my first original Puppet. He's not the first I've ever made (made full-body Kermit, Gonzo's head, and half a Piggy head in High School "daze"), but the first one that's of my own design.

The first pic shows what I have so far, started last night around 6 p.m., and the second pic shows what his eyes and top of head will look like. I'm not completely sure if he's gonna be a dinosaur, dog, or Chinese dragon (probably Chinese dragon) so I didn't draw any other speculatory stuff, just wanna see how he'll turn out.

He's gonna be covered in fleece and fur when he's done of course, the pictures just show his basic foam shapes.

Puppet Pics

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Thats pretty cool, did you carve it out of foam or use a pattern?

Rugby

Reaction score
Did you photoshop the eyes in on in the second pic? They look photoshopped in for some reason. :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Yeah, the second pic just shows what his eyes will look like. I did that in MS Paint. It's the first pic that shows what I actually have completed.

Oh, and no, I didn't use a pattern, just cut up 2" deep (or so) 12" x 12" squares of Seat Cushion Foam and hot-glued them together.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Thanks guys!

Yeah, the second pic just shows what his eyes will look like. I did that in MS Paint. It's the first pic that shows what I actually have completed.

Oh, and no, I didn't use a pattern, just cut up 2" deep (or so) 12" x 12" squares of Seat Cushion Foam and hot-glued them together.

That's very clever. You make it sound so basic. I kind of want to try building my own puppets but I'm easily frustrated and not very artistic. I'm eager to see the finished product.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Another old thread was posted in earlier today, and it compelled me to find this old thread too! I sadly realized that I never posted pictures of my Rufus the Dragon puppet. :frown: Oops! Well I don't have any saved online I guess, so I'll have to take some new pics soon. Fortunately, I just pulled him out of his storage place in my garage, just to show him to my Son... and he loves him! :big_grin: Rufus' foam innards are holding up just fine, though he is a little smooshed from storage, ha ha.

Until I get new pics taken, I'll share the pattern I had drawn up after I built him, to show other builders what I was doing at the the time.

I will say that I actually built his arms longer, iirc, I drew it this way to better fit the picture online. Maybe somebody will find this useful? In any case, it's a nice little trip down memory lane for me. :smile: Cheers!