My First Time

sarajeans

Reaction score
Hi

I'm a student from Toronto, who had recently been given the task of producing a major research paper on puppetry on television as an effective teaching tool for pre-school children [approx. age 3-5]. This is for a professionally related elective in Children's Television.

I just had to post that this forum has been a tremendous help. I was floored to find such a huge community of puppeteers on the internet; from forums, to blogs, etc - and how everyone is just so supportive to each other with thier helpful suggestions and comments.

Thank you!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi Sara,

This just popped in to my head, but have you been to the CBC Museum in Toronto? Not sure if you're dealing with Sesame Park at all in your research, but they have the puppets from the series on display there. They're nicely posed (or were the last time I was there) and make for some nice photos. The Canadian Museum of Civilization in Ottawa will also make their Canadian puppetry collection accessible for scholarship purposes if you contact them to make arrangements.

Also worth checking out (again, if it's relevant) is the special puppetry collections at the Lillian H. Smith Library in Toronto and the Mississauga Public Library near Square One. Lots of good books and journals that might be helpful are available in-library as reference materials.

sarajeans

Reaction score
Hey, thanks!
I don't know how much time I'll have to visit those places before my paper is due, but I will definitely make a point of checking them out on my own time.
I appreciate the help :smile: