my friend has early episodes!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently visited one of my co-workers, and learned that he is a big Sesame Street fan. He showed me his collection of tapes, and told me that when the show premiered, his grandparents had a recording device, and recorded several episodes from the first two seasons for his mother, which his mother kept and later converted to video, and then to DVD.

I watched some of the episodes. His mother also labled the numbers on the videos, and the burnt discs have the numbers lsited as well. Among the episodes he has are:

episode 1
episode 2
episode 3
episode 4
episode 17
episode 25
episode 77
episode 78
episode 79
episode 80
episode 85
episode 86
episode 88
episode 111
episode 127
episode 129
episode 130
episode 131
episode 132
episode 140
episode 144
episode 145
episode 146
episode 147
episode 200
epsiode 201
epsiode 207

My friend told me that his mother got a proper VCR in 1978, and became a fan of Sesame Street againby that point. I didn't see his list of later episodes he has, but was told that his mom recorded the introductory episodes for Telly, Bruno, and Aristotle.

I told him about Muppet Central, and he said he'd join this site soon,a nd put his episodes up for trade. How exciting is that?!

Oh yeah, one more detail...

APRIL FOOLS!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know I'm cruel. And to think, if this were real, more of us would have finally been able to see what the original Telly Monster looked like.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had also planned a joke regarding season 38, but I think there has already been quite a bit of information announced. But I had planned on saying the following things about season 38:

*One of the seasons curriculums will be teaching kids about their heritage and reuiniting with people they hadn't been around for years. Among the epsiodes concernign this will include a two-part episode where Olivia returns to visit Gordon and an episode where Mr. Handford comes back to the street to see how Hooper's Store has turned out since he sold it.

*Adding to that curriculum, this season would bring back old characters such as Biff, Sully, Simon Soundman, Kingston Livingston III, Roxy Marie, Forgetful Jones, Buster, Don Music, Little Bird, Guy Smiley, and Sherlock Hemlock. The Amazing Mumford and Herry Monster would also come back as major characters. A number of old skits with them would be shown, too.

*Jerry Nelson would now have understudies for his characters, though he would continue to be active as his characters. Rick Lyon would occasionally perform The Count, Matt Vogel would occasionally perform Sherlock Hemlock, Eric Jacobson would occasionally perform Biff, John Kennedy would occasionally perform Mumford and Herry, and Jim Martin would occasionally perform Simon Soundman and Fat Blue. In addition, Matt Vogel would take over as Don Music and Forgetful Jones, and Jim Martin would take over as Sully.

*Another curriculum explored would be accepting other peoples religions. The show would introduce four friends who were different religions, yet still friends. One would be a budist (performed by Matt Vogel), one would be a catholic (performed by Eric Jacobson), one would be a hindu (performed by Rick Lyon), and one would be jewish (performed by Leslie Carara).

*This season would have 50 episodes as opposed to 26. And the shows structure would be slightly different each day of the week. The structure would be as follows:
Mondays - a classic early clip (shown before opening), street plot, Monsterpeice Theater, Number of the Day, Journey to Ernie, Ernie skit, Grover skit, Sesame Street News, Spanish Word of the Day, Religious TV, Letter of the Day, Elmo's World, Trash Gordon.
Tuesdays - a classic early clip, street plot, Letter of the Day, Religious TV, a game show, Ernie skit, Monster Clubhouse, Cookie Monster skit, Spanish Word of the Day, Hero Guy, Number of the Day, Elmo's World, Trash Gordon.
Wednesday - a classic early clip, street plot, Letter of the Day, Spanish Word of the Day, Global Grover, Global Thingy, game show, song cover, Dinner Theater, television parody, Number of the Day, monster skit, Journey to Ernie, Ernie skit, and Trash Gordon.
Thursday - a classic early clip, street plot, Suzie Kabloozie, Kermit skit, Monsterpeice Theater, Number of the Day, Bert skit, rock and roll number, Letter of the Day, Global Grover, Trash Gordon.
Friday - a classic early clip, street plot, Letter of the Day, western sketch, SVU, Spanish Word of the Day, Journey to Ernie, Ernie skit, Super Grover, Number of the Day, Elmo's World, Sesame Street News, Trash Gordon.

*There would be five new Monsterpeice Theater segments produced this season. Frank Oz would perform Cookie Monster in all of these sketches. At least 8 old skits will be shown.

*This season would have Number of the Day segments for the numbers 21 through 25.

*More than 20 Kermit segments would be planned to be shown this season.

*Caroll Spinney would perform two brand-new characters, who both appear once or twice a week. One would be a wrestler named Hurricane Charlie, and the other would be a panda bear named Mr. Mix.

Maybe it's good that I didn't make that an april fools prank.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Haha, when I read the first one, your really had me goin' there!:big_grin:

But man, it that second on crazy! There's just no way I think I would have bought it!:zany:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I had also planned a joke regarding season 38, but I think there has already been quite a bit of information announced. But I had planned on saying the following things about season 38:

*One of the seasons curriculums will be teaching kids about their heritage and reuiniting with people they hadn't been around for years. Among the epsiodes concernign this will include a two-part episode where Olivia returns to visit Gordon and an episode where Mr. Handford comes back to the street to see how Hooper's Store has turned out since he sold it.

*Adding to that curriculum, this season would bring back old characters such as Biff, Sully, Simon Soundman, Kingston Livingston III, Roxy Marie, Forgetful Jones, Buster, Don Music, Little Bird, Guy Smiley, and Sherlock Hemlock. The Amazing Mumford and Herry Monster would also come back as major characters. A number of old skits with them would be shown, too.

*Jerry Nelson would now have understudies for his characters, though he would continue to be active as his characters. Rick Lyon would occasionally perform The Count, Matt Vogel would occasionally perform Sherlock Hemlock, Eric Jacobson would occasionally perform Biff, John Kennedy would occasionally perform Mumford and Herry, and Jim Martin would occasionally perform Simon Soundman and Fat Blue. In addition, Matt Vogel would take over as Don Music and Forgetful Jones, and Jim Martin would take over as Sully.

*Another curriculum explored would be accepting other peoples religions. The show would introduce four friends who were different religions, yet still friends. One would be a budist (performed by Matt Vogel), one would be a catholic (performed by Eric Jacobson), one would be a hindu (performed by Rick Lyon), and one would be jewish (performed by Leslie Carara).

*This season would have 50 episodes as opposed to 26. And the shows structure would be slightly different each day of the week. The structure would be as follows:
Mondays - a classic early clip (shown before opening), street plot, Monsterpeice Theater, Number of the Day, Journey to Ernie, Ernie skit, Grover skit, Sesame Street News, Spanish Word of the Day, Religious TV, Letter of the Day, Elmo's World, Trash Gordon.
Tuesdays - a classic early clip, street plot, Letter of the Day, Religious TV, a game show, Ernie skit, Monster Clubhouse, Cookie Monster skit, Spanish Word of the Day, Hero Guy, Number of the Day, Elmo's World, Trash Gordon.
Wednesday - a classic early clip, street plot, Letter of the Day, Spanish Word of the Day, Global Grover, Global Thingy, game show, song cover, Dinner Theater, television parody, Number of the Day, monster skit, Journey to Ernie, Ernie skit, and Trash Gordon.
Thursday - a classic early clip, street plot, Suzie Kabloozie, Kermit skit, Monsterpeice Theater, Number of the Day, Bert skit, rock and roll number, Letter of the Day, Global Grover, Trash Gordon.
Friday - a classic early clip, street plot, Letter of the Day, western sketch, SVU, Spanish Word of the Day, Journey to Ernie, Ernie skit, Super Grover, Number of the Day, Elmo's World, Sesame Street News, Trash Gordon.

*There would be five new Monsterpeice Theater segments produced this season. Frank Oz would perform Cookie Monster in all of these sketches. At least 8 old skits will be shown.

*This season would have Number of the Day segments for the numbers 21 through 25.

*Caroll Spinney would perform two brand-new characters, who both appear once or twice a week. One would be a wrestler named Hurricane Charlie, and the other would be a panda bear named Mr. Mix.

Excellent idea, minor muppetz.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With that second joke, I guess it would sound unbelievable for Sesame Street to teach religion. I wonder how feasible it would be to give the show a different structure for each day of the week (monday structure, tuesday structure, etc). I don't think it would work if there are 26 episodes per season. I only think it would work if the number of episodes per season were a multiple of five.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, what you said about the classic early clips at the beginning wouldn't be too far fetched, because they did have "Sesame Street memories" before the opening of season 35 episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, what you said about the classic early clips at the beginning wouldn't be too far fetched, because they did have "Sesame Street memories" before the opening of season 35 episodes.
In my mind this would have been different, thoguh. The season 35 bits were probably a minute or two long, had celebrities talking about their favorite moments, and short clips were shown. What I had in mind was having a complete clip shown before the opening, without any introductions or people talking over the clips. I don't know if there would/ should have been a time limit or not.

I had another idea for that phony press release, which I forgot. I thought about "announcing" that Sesame Street was going to teach kids that smoking is wrong but people who smoke cigarrettes are not bad just because they smoke. I was going to write that there would be a new Muppet character who smoked cigarrettes, but was otherwise a good person. The character would have been an adult, he would have had a job as a teacher, and some of his obsessions/ interests would include sculpting and building things (smoking wouldn't have been an obsession). The character would have only smoked for the first ten to fifteen episodes of the season (well, for those episodes that he did appear in), and then there would be a big episode where he would quit smoking. Before he quit smoking, he would occassionally cough, which would get worse as the episodes go on.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I had another idea for that phony press release, which I forgot. I thought about "announcing" that Sesame Street was going to teach kids that smoking is wrong but people who smoke cigarrettes are not bad just because they smoke. I was going to write that there would be a new Muppet character who smoked cigarrettes, but was otherwise a good person. The character would have been an adult, he would have had a job as a teacher, and some of his obsessions/ interests would include sculpting and building things (smoking wouldn't have been an obsession). The character would have only smoked for the first ten to fifteen episodes of the season (well, for those episodes that he did appear in), and then there would be a big episode where he would quit smoking. Before he quit smoking, he would occassionally cough, which would get worse as the episodes go on.
that would be kind of neat!