My Kermit progress

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the collar is a sun/circle pattern or is it a straight strip?
I can vision both being used.
Lynn

video567

Reaction score
do you have pictures of the foam skeleton you used? i would love to see how you padded the insidealso when you start on body, arms and hands please take lots of pictures, i would love to try to make a kermit look alike. great job so far it is looking very much like kermit d.

whatadoddle

Reaction score
Wow, if I had had as much luck with my first puppet, think where I would be now! He looks really good, really can't wait to see him with eyes and collar! Legs are an awkward addition, as they have a habit of rotating backwards, but they would look good! Well done and best wishes. M

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
No, I don't have any pics of the foam Skeleton I made. I hate turning this thing inside and out and I'm trying not to any more unless I have to as it is starting to make it come apart because it is a lot of stress on it.
I bascally coverd the back of the head to the front nose and the lower jaw to mid back of jaw.
I'll try to get pics of the body when I start it.

Lynn

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
whatadoddle said:
Wow, if I had had as much luck with my first puppet, think where I would be now!M
So your saying I'm doing pretty good for not having a clue as to what I'm doing?? LOL!!

Thanks for the comps, it has been a fun project and I may try something else.

I like to build prop replicas, Studio Scale models, and costumes, and this like another prop to me, just in different way to make it.

Lynn

whatadoddle

Reaction score
hi, LOL! Small world, I fell into puppetry after years designing stage sets and making props and costumes etc! But I still say my first puppet was not as good as yours!! M

mrhogg

Reaction score
Wow, that's a really great Kermit if you're flying by the seat of your pants. Amazing!

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
Well flying by the seat of my pants made me crash big time... LOL!!

I seriously failed on the body pattern, wrong shape, too small, ran out of material to keep doing test mock ups.

Does anyone have a good idea for the body pattern???

Thanks for any help.

Lynn

video567

Reaction score
can you show what you did even if its wrong maybe someone can assist in fixing it?

Melonpool

Reaction score
Look at how a football us put together. Kermit's body would be four () shapes made from foam, with about 3 1/2 inches at the top and 4 1/2 inches at the bottom of each piece. I'd say they'd be about 9 inches tall, but you may have to adjust them.

Then, upolster the finished shape by pinning the materaial wrong-side out to it. sewing at the overlaps and turning it right-side out.

Steve