My laptop keeps giving me a blue screen"memory dump", help?

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hey guys, my laptop keeps crashing on me. I keep getting a blue screen and it says it's doing a "memory dump". This is really freaking me out because I haven't downloaded anything weird or done anything wrong with it (I've only had it since May! =/)

I did a Google search but I couldn't really find a good answer, I think it'd be better if I got some first-hand responses.

Has anyone delt with this? I REALLY need help, I don't wanna spend another $1300 to get another laptop, not to mention lose all the stuff I have saved on it.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Blue screens can be caused by a lot of things, but most likely it is a driver problem. Did you install any new hardware lately?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I don't think so. I don't remember downloading anything before it first started happening. I was just browsing the Internet.

But now it's even worse, I can't even log on. After I start it up it takes me to a screen that says "windows is loading files..." and then goes to a screen that just has the mouse cursor on it and nothing happens.

This stinks :sympathy: :frown:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
same thing happened to my friend....worst case scenario your laptop may just be dead and corrupted, he ended up having to get a new one

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
If you got it in May, there should still be a factory warrenty on it. Give the company a call, you may have to send it away for awhile, but they should fix it up for you, free of charge.

The other downside is, chances are that you'll lose everything on it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Sounds like what happened to our laptop. If you still have the OS disk, I'd just reinstall it. You'd lose everything though. I've heard that the Linux OS is free for download on their website, though I've never looked because I have no need for it

Can I ask how old your laptop is? Ours was about 7 years old when it started to do that