My lucky day!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Let me tell you my tale of adventure from this morning.

I'm supposed to be to work at 8 am and I left my house at 7:20. My job is about 14 miles from my house. Well, the local radio station 97.1 KISS FM was doing a promotion out at a gas station about 6 miles from my house in the opposite direction. The promotion was, yesterday they had gas stations call up and bid on who could give the lowest price for gas and this Kick 66 gas station won. They were giving away gas at 97.1 cents a gallon this morning from 7 - 9!!! Now gas normally around here is $1.79 and I was on hard empty so I drove myself over there. I figured I would risk being late to work for cheap gas. I got there around 7:30 and the line was huge and wrapped around the block. So 8 o'clock came and went, 8:30 came and went and the DJs were saying that a lot of us may not get in because right at 9 o'clock it was going back to the regular price. I said a little prayer that I would be able to make it because I didn't want to show up to work w/o a really good reason. So as 9 o'clock hit I was seriously the next car in line and they said it was over and those of us that didn't make could come over and get a prize or something.

I was really ticked but thought "You knew this would happen. This type of stuff always happens to you. You're always so close yet so far." So I was getting out of the truck when they said "Wait! We can take one more lucky person for 97 cent gasoline! Get back in your truck, hurry! hurry!"

WOO-HOO!!!!! :smile: :sing: :big_grin:

I had the biggest grin on my face!!! And instead of costing like $27.00 to fill up it was only $13.10!!! AWESOME! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!! One of the DJs, Big Buddha, used to work with me at my last job and he recognized me. He came up and gave me a hug. That was cool that he would remember me cause he didn't work with me for long. Dexter (one of the DJs) interviewed me plus there were a couple TV cameras there. I'm not sure which station all though the weather guy they use is from KTVX channel 4.

KISS had given out a flyer while we were waiting in line explaining how to proceed to get gas and so at the bottom of that I wrote:

$13.10 Total!!!
Last person was me.
8/28/03
(I signed it)

Then I had Dexter and Big Buddha sign it cause I figured I might need a note to explain my extreme tardiness. Dexter signed his name and KissFM! and Buddha signed "DAVID WAS THE LAST CAR TO GET $.97 GAS BIG BUDDHA!"

So it turns out I was like two hours late for work but getting gas for that price.......well worth it!! They were kindof mad but at that same time they were laughing. They are going to let me make up the time. I normally would never do anything like that but it was so much fun!!!
Getting gasoline for that low of a price at this time was like a dream come true!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
cool story. i would have just drove on by and got gas at gas station that had gas for the normal price so i wouldn't be late. but that's just me. but my gas bill isn't 27 dollars. it's more like 13 for a full tank of gas. oh well....

ryan