1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

My "Man or Muppet" video

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Oscarfan, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I finally found somewhere to post it. Here's my interpretation of the "Man or Muppet" scene for a project for my Advanced Video Class:

There's a lot of notable mistakes (especially with the mirror and some of the framing of shots), but everyone I've showed it to loves it, so I can't complain. Enjoy it anyways!

(BTW, the "man" of the monster is very much like the movie, where you have to know the person to get the joke. Plus, I got the first kid hooked on the song through this and we're taking him to the movie on Tuesday.)
  2. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

LOL!!! I didn't have to know your "Sheldon Cooper" to get it, I was still cracking up!

Oh and my seven year old loved it too - "That was so funny!" :D Good work!
  3. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Great job! This was really well done! :D
  4. Oscarfan

Thanks for the kind words!
  5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Amazing! Love it!
  6. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Really good! I enjoyed it :)
  7. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

That was VERY cute! I enjoyed watching it :D
  8. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I loved it! Great job, dude! :)
  9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I just about died, just to let you know. And now everyone at the college computer lab is staring at me. XD
  10. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------------
    Finally got the chance to view this. VERY cute, well done! Is the Muppet of a man you?
    It kind of makes sense to set this song in a school, too. I like that aspect particularly.
    ---------------
  11. Oscarfan

No, that's not me; I'm the puppeteer though.
  12. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Ah, even better, as I thought the puppets' body movements were very expressive! Great job! :)

--------------
    Oscarfan likes this.
  13. TheWoodringman

TheWoodringman Active Member

14. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Great job...you stole my idea! lol
  15. Oscarfan

I had no idea man.

I tweeted this video to Bill Baretta and he replied "Nice job guys!" It's not much, but the acknowledgement is what counts.
    Cindy and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  16. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Tell me, at the end, did anyone wonder what the heck you were doing? lol
  17. Oscarfan

Believe you me, everyone everywhere we filmed were wondering what we were doing, even in the bathroom
  18. Baconroadtrip

Baconroadtrip New Member

Ok. This was AWESOME!!!! Can I say I love the dude who played the human Walter??!! He did a fantastic job of "Sheldon-like" mouth movements.

Now I wanna upload a similar version. (lip syncing muppet with actual song over it). You had posted that your video got flagged on YouTube correct?

Should I even try to post it on YouTube or just do Vimeo?

Thanks!!! And REALLY GREAT JOB!!!
  19. Oscarfan

Der, follow up video! The music video became kinda popular among my friends and backstage during our spring musical, us boys were just chilling and I put this song on. Here are the two humans from the video singing along:

It's funny in a different way!