My Muppet Puppets on Halloween

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Here is my meeble feeble attempt at the Muppets on Halloween. I do this every year to greet the Trick-or-Treaters and it has become my favorite holiday. Yeah, I can do a better Kermit, Ernie, Fozzie...etc, but try changing voices at the whim of a doorbell! I won't mention the couple of beers. Whoever thinks muppets shouldn't be made, bought and sold...well you would dissapoint the many kids who just LOVE Grover. Not only do they recognize him from Sesame Street, but I bought him from eBay for $150 and he's much cooler than the Fishers Price puppets in the kids eyes (except the parents love Animal.) No, I have never made a dime off of him and never plan to, and not even the kids think he's real. It's just fun! I wish I had real versions of all the Muppets to get a better response. It even helps with my voice, my Kermit is WAY better than my Grover, but you wouldn't get that from watching these.

Here is the youtube channel where you can see all 12 videos, some are obviously better than others, and I included the ones where the voices sounded lousy (and the ones with no jokes.) Thanks for listening and watching!

http://youtube.com/profile?user=muppethalloween

p.s. - watch this one first (or start with 1 and end with 12):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc67_e7H_Is

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That's really cool! You can hear that the kids had a great time. It was neat to see the puppets in waiting, suddenly put "in the spotlight" when the door opened up and the kids squealed with delight. It's that little extra effort that makes the holiday special for kids, I think you can rest easy that you made some great memories for a lot of kids. And you say your voices aren't good? Your Piggy and Oscar were PERFECT! Great job, man; seriously great job.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
I really hope this doesn't turn into a copyright thread.

Kevin the Frog, totally awesome! Your voices and characterizations were excellent!!! Personally, I have not heard better! Okay too many exclamation points. But really, super job. :wink:

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Wow, thanks guys that really means a lot. Shouldn't have mentioned the copyright deal, please no one else mention it either!

It is so much fun for me to do. Luckilly my wife understands how crazy I am about the Muppets, and helps with it, and doesn't make fun of me when I am running outside to see when the next group of kids are coming. I need to set up a second camera so I can see the kids expressions, my wife says they are pricessless, but I never get to see them. (except when they walk in the house and go up the stairs to see who is behind Grover!) She does try to peep through the window and give me a heads up as to what they are dressed up like so I can make comments, and how old they are, so I can use the best puppets for their age group. I can't wait until next year! Thanks again.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Kevin the Frog said:
Wow, thanks guys that really means a lot. Shouldn't have mentioned the copyright deal, please no one else mention it either!
I won't.:wink:

Melonpool

Reaction score
This is great!

We don't get any trick or treaters at my house, but I'm totally stealing your idea next year, even if I have to go to someone else's house to do it! What a great experience for both you and the kids that came by!

You impersonations were dead on, as well! Good job!

Steve

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, that is a terrific thing that you do! You say the kids were excited? I say the parents almost had their enthusiasm matched!
If you do this next year, (and I hope for the kids' sakes you will), there is only one minor oversite. Just remember when Grover is talking to the kids, no contractions.
I haven't watched all of them yet, (service went down part of the way through), but I'm about to watch the others now!

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Melonpool - PLEASE steal the idea, the more the merrier. Post some videos, too! If you could fly from Mexico to Indiana we could put on a funny show, just kidding.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments, and to fragglemuppet for the reminder regarding Grover not using contractions. I don't think I usually do that, but with all the different characters I might have had trouble staying in character. I will not use any contractions when I am performing the cute and furry Grover!