My Muppet replicas

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
And here's where I was supposed to post these, not in the replica section. (agh!)
Anyway, here are my Muppet replicas and me and some of my friends performing them just for the heck of it this past saturday

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
These puppets took me about a week each to build. Here's me performing Kermit in Spanish and in english:

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Wow these are quite well done. Gonzo especially is really cool, but Fozzie and Kermit are nothing to sneeze at either. And the voices are pretty decent too!

jcnegron

Reaction score
I like the voices! They actually sound closer to the original dubbed voices from the TV Show and Plaza Sesamo, as opposed to the NEW dubbed voices. By the way, I hate Disney's ridiculous policy of using only English names instead of they localizations. Since the first appearance in 1972 Plaza Sesamo, Kermit was known in all Latin-America as Rene, and they keep it consistent during all this years in The Muppet Show, The Muppet Babies, and all the Muppet movies until now, that Disney decided to scratch out all the previous dubbing work. Odd enough, they allowed localized names in Spain but not in Latin-America.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Thanks. Glad you like them
Yeah, I also find that a little absurd. To me, Kermit will always be René. It's also absurd that Spain is still allowed to call Kermit "Gustavo", but to each it's own.
So far I've heard three different translators for Kermit. The Muppet Show one wasn't the same as the one in Plaza Sesamo. For Kermit Swamp Years a new translator took the job but ironically for a Very Merry Muppet Christmas, the Plaza Sesamo translator took the gig. Now for the new movie we have the guy who dubbed Kermit in Muppets from Space. He tries to sound like Jim but...meeeeeeehh

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
So Disney-Puerto Rico invited me to do a promo interview with my Muppet replicas. So I gathered some of my puppeteer friends and off we went. Click on the link and check the video below.
We had a great time and it was quite an experience.
It's in spanish so you've been warned! The audios it's not so great but, hey, we made it.
http://www.primerahora.com/criticathemuppets-blog-582738.html

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Later that day we were invited to make an appearance in a movie critique show.