1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

My Muppet replicas

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by MUPPETMONKEY, Nov 14, 2011.

1. MUPPETMONKEY

MUPPETMONKEY Active Member

And here's where I was supposed to post these, not in the replica section. (agh!)
    Anyway, here are my Muppet replicas and me and some of my friends performing them just for the heck of it this past saturday
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  2. MUPPETMONKEY

These puppets took me about a week each to build. Here's me performing Kermit in Spanish and in english:
  3. MUPPETMONKEY

4. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

Wow these are quite well done. Gonzo especially is really cool, but Fozzie and Kermit are nothing to sneeze at either. And the voices are pretty decent too!
  5. MUPPETMONKEY

Thank you, señor!
  6. jcnegron

jcnegron Member

I like the voices! They actually sound closer to the original dubbed voices from the TV Show and Plaza Sesamo, as opposed to the NEW dubbed voices. By the way, I hate Disney's ridiculous policy of using only English names instead of they localizations. Since the first appearance in 1972 Plaza Sesamo, Kermit was known in all Latin-America as Rene, and they keep it consistent during all this years in The Muppet Show, The Muppet Babies, and all the Muppet movies until now, that Disney decided to scratch out all the previous dubbing work. Odd enough, they allowed localized names in Spain but not in Latin-America.
  7. MUPPETMONKEY

Thanks. Glad you like them
    Yeah, I also find that a little absurd. To me, Kermit will always be René. It's also absurd that Spain is still allowed to call Kermit "Gustavo", but to each it's own.
    So far I've heard three different translators for Kermit. The Muppet Show one wasn't the same as the one in Plaza Sesamo. For Kermit Swamp Years a new translator took the job but ironically for a Very Merry Muppet Christmas, the Plaza Sesamo translator took the gig. Now for the new movie we have the guy who dubbed Kermit in Muppets from Space. He tries to sound like Jim but...meeeeeeehh
  8. MUPPETMONKEY

So Disney-Puerto Rico invited me to do a promo interview with my Muppet replicas. So I gathered some of my puppeteer friends and off we went. Click on the link and check the video below.
    We had a great time and it was quite an experience.
    It's in spanish so you've been warned! The audios it's not so great but, hey, we made it.
    http://www.primerahora.com/criticathemuppets-blog-582738.html
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  9. MUPPETMONKEY

Here are some pics of the taping. I'm the one with Kermit[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  10. MUPPETMONKEY

Later that day we were invited to make an appearance in a movie critique show.
    [​IMG]
  11. MUPPETMONKEY

Me and Kermit here after a long exhausting day promoting the movie. It was kind of fun. [​IMG]
    Puckrox likes this.
  12. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i missed rizzo he looks great
  13. MUPPETMONKEY

Thanks. I sort of missed him too.
  14. daltysmilth

daltysmilth New Member

Wow, you guys actually sound quite a bit like Jim Henson, Dave Goelz, and Frank Oz.
    KirbTreelo05 and MUPPETMONKEY like this.
  15. MUPPETMONKEY

New backstage pic during the taping of "De Pelicula" a TV movie critique show[​IMG]
  16. MUPPETMONKEY

Kermit contemplates de show's logo[​IMG]
  17. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

That video was awesome! Though I wish I could understand it, ha. Really, reeeeally great Kermit voice man, you sound a lot like Jim. :)

Oh, so what was the joke Rizzo said at the end that had everyone laughing so hard?

Also, how did Disney Puerto Rico find you? Was it from here on MC, or had they seen your other work, or had you contacted them? In any case, that's really cool! Great work; building, performing, everything.

Cheers!
    :D
    Anthony
  18. MUPPETMONKEY

Thanks, Anthony. I try to get as close as I can to Jim. Glad to know you like it!

Oh, and Rizzo's joke was sort of a local joke. Santin, (his puppeteer), was joking all through the taping with a merengue song that goes "La hermana de este, la mas bonita". In english that is "This guy's sister is the most pretty" the thing is that the original song continues with lyrics like "this guy's sister was with this other guy's brother and that other guy's cousin so I'm dying to meet this guy's sister too" So everytime he started singing that song and making that little dance to Rizzo we all exploded in laughter. It was silly, I know but that's what the Muppets are about. For a few hours we felt what Jim's Muppeteers would've felt in those days when things went silly during tapings.

How Disney reached me for this was sort of a chain reaction thing. I've been posting the building process of the puppets on my Facebook page just for the heck of it. I have a comic strip that is published in "Primera Hora" (the newspaper that taped the online promo) and one of the online reporters that I happen to have as a friend in Facebook saw the puppets. So she calls this guy who works the promos for Disney movies. He sees the video and he calls Disney's agency in PR and they call Disney US. Disney US approves the puppets, Disney PR says that we should do a promo tour, the guy who runs their movie promos calls the reporter and the reporter calls me...(*wheeww*...don't ask me to explain that again...LOL)
    So we did this online thing, and the TV appearance. We were supposed to be at the premiere but the guy who was in charge of it (which isn't the guy who runs the promos), didn't know what to do and never contacted us back.

And there you go!
  19. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

That is so cool man!! Ha ha, what an adventure huh? :D Awesome Rizzo story too, that does sound like Jim and the Gang back in the day.

Good for you brother! Cheers,
    :)
    Anthony
  20. MUPPETMONKEY

It was a great ride. We didn't earn a penny from this but the experience alone to me and my friends was priceless. Seeing how the people reacted to the Muppets was unforgettable. They took like a hundred pictures with them. We joked with everyone...wow! It was a blast!
    I'm looking at the puppets right now standing in my work bench and it's incredible how these pieces of foam and fur have taken over the world's hearts.
    TikiColadas likes this.