My Muppet replicas

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Me and Kermit here after a long exhausting day promoting the movie. It was kind of fun.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
New backstage pic during the taping of "De Pelicula" a TV movie critique show

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
That video was awesome! Though I wish I could understand it, ha. Really, reeeeally great Kermit voice man, you sound a lot like Jim. :smile:

Oh, so what was the joke Rizzo said at the end that had everyone laughing so hard?

Also, how did Disney Puerto Rico find you? Was it from here on MC, or had they seen your other work, or had you contacted them? In any case, that's really cool! Great work; building, performing, everything.

Cheers!
:big_grin:
Anthony

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
That video was awesome! Though I wish I could understand it, ha. Really, reeeeally great Kermit voice man, you sound a lot like Jim. :smile:

Oh, so what was the joke Rizzo said at the end that had everyone laughing so hard?

Also, how did Disney Puerto Rico find you? Was it from here on MC, or had they seen your other work, or had you contacted them? In any case, that's really cool! Great work; building, performing, everything.

Cheers!
:big_grin:
Anthony
Thanks, Anthony. I try to get as close as I can to Jim. Glad to know you like it!

Oh, and Rizzo's joke was sort of a local joke. Santin, (his puppeteer), was joking all through the taping with a merengue song that goes "La hermana de este, la mas bonita". In english that is "This guy's sister is the most pretty" the thing is that the original song continues with lyrics like "this guy's sister was with this other guy's brother and that other guy's cousin so I'm dying to meet this guy's sister too" So everytime he started singing that song and making that little dance to Rizzo we all exploded in laughter. It was silly, I know but that's what the Muppets are about. For a few hours we felt what Jim's Muppeteers would've felt in those days when things went silly during tapings.

How Disney reached me for this was sort of a chain reaction thing. I've been posting the building process of the puppets on my Facebook page just for the heck of it. I have a comic strip that is published in "Primera Hora" (the newspaper that taped the online promo) and one of the online reporters that I happen to have as a friend in Facebook saw the puppets. So she calls this guy who works the promos for Disney movies. He sees the video and he calls Disney's agency in PR and they call Disney US. Disney US approves the puppets, Disney PR says that we should do a promo tour, the guy who runs their movie promos calls the reporter and the reporter calls me...(*wheeww*...don't ask me to explain that again...LOL)
So we did this online thing, and the TV appearance. We were supposed to be at the premiere but the guy who was in charge of it (which isn't the guy who runs the promos), didn't know what to do and never contacted us back.

And there you go!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
That is so cool man!! Ha ha, what an adventure huh? :big_grin: Awesome Rizzo story too, that does sound like Jim and the Gang back in the day.

Good for you brother! Cheers,
:smile:
Anthony

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
It was a great ride. We didn't earn a penny from this but the experience alone to me and my friends was priceless. Seeing how the people reacted to the Muppets was unforgettable. They took like a hundred pictures with them. We joked with everyone...wow! It was a blast!
I'm looking at the puppets right now standing in my work bench and it's incredible how these pieces of foam and fur have taken over the world's hearts.