1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

My Muppet Show App Discussion/Updates

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Drtooth, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

*yawn* It's been how long since their last post and still nothing new. They better post something new tomorrow or else. Or else I'll be done playing altogether.

jvcarroll likes this.
  2. Mad Monty fan

I'm lead to believe the people in charge of this game retired from the company for good. Anyone else under the same assumption?

3. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Yeah I've pretty much lost interest in this game. It's just not going anywhere, I wonder if the creators have lost interest too lol.

4. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I wonder if Disney and/or the game company have dropped update support for the game. Maybe the contract was only for one year. They were going to have some sort of "update" but it's been over a month since that was announced. Basic symmetry would imply at least a 6th stage coming eventually.

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I guess it's not worth getting then now, huh? I didn't have a smart-phone when it did come out and now that I do, it doesn't seem like it's active.

6. jvcarroll

It's a good app. Kind of frustrating, but the designers have done a good job so far.

7. Mad Monty fan

Yeah, unfornately, things will never be the same and by that I mean when they used to post new photos once a day. Now that no longer happens the game is dead to me at this point.

8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

It seems that, following the disappointing domestic box office take MMW got, Disney has throttled way back on the Muppets. Before they were promoting it like gangbusters; now they're pulling out two-year-old promo videos that have been gathering dust on the shelves.

My guess is that Disney simply is not behind this video game any more. Whether that means that they are no longer funding it, or are restricting BBB from adding new content, I have no idea. I don't believe BBB would let the lame languish if they had a choice, as they make their money when people buy premium currency, and lately there's no earthly reason to do that. (Contrast that with My Singing Monsters, in which they've added more and more neato stuff like super-huge castles, torches, and embiggening to keep the players' attention and siphon off those gems.)

9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

And yet, they still advertise Planes merchandise when that sequel fell off the map within a week. Only reason it made more money (mostly international) was that it was released in more territories and wasn't given a royal screw job internationally when the American numbers didn't look good.

10. Mad Monty fan

At least The Simpsons: Tapped Out is constantly updating every day, so you never get bored, which is good, because more updates means I can expand on my collection. So far I have Apu, Krusty, Cletus, Homer, Lisa, Milhouse, Flanders, and Skinner. I still need Bart, Marge, and Grandpa to complete the Simpsons family category, which more than likely I won't unlock them until either level 11 or 12.

FunnyBear likes this.
  11. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

If My Muppets Show has another Halloween update, I hope Uncle Deadly appears as a new character.

12. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Update from the Facebook page: apparently whatever Muppet Labs is working on is still coming up.

That's it.

:sigh:

13. Mad Monty fan

It turns out the update is coming after all. :)

14. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Hooray! The app is still active! :)

15. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I download it.

galagr likes this.
  16. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

It get's a little boring once you've collected all the costumes, but at least they have these new updates like the Clash of Clones one.

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  17. Mad Monty fan

Bart can be unlocked at level 12, but Marge and Grandpa come at later levels. Levels 15 and 19, to be exact.

18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Well, I downloaded it yesterday. I guess the fun for me will be catching up with everyone else. The hours of waiting are a pain, though.

jvcarroll likes this.
  19. jvcarroll

I've found that the trick to the game is only playing several times a day for a few minutes at a time without thinking too much about it in between. Oh, and listing your game number on the app's facebook page so that people include you and that will give you diamonds.

20. Mad Monty fan

Just wondering, but if Angel Marie were to be added to the big house level, how do you guys imagine him contributing to that level?
    I imagine his design consisting of his white chef hat, the metal soup ladle, and pots of food all around him