1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

My name is Fred. They Call me Fred...

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mlink, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mlink

mlink New Member

There is an old song/segment from Sesame Street that has the words "My Name is Fred. They call me Fred. When I get tired, I go home and go to..." -- or something like that. I've looked all over You Tube for this and can't find it... does anybody know what the real name of this would be? A million "thank yous" to anybody who can help.
    :confused:
  2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Wow - now there's a memory jogger, i just barely remember it based on your description...possible this could have even been Electric Company?

Course today, it would remind me a lot of "I Wanna Be a Cowboy" by Boys Don't Cry. :)
  3. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

No it was SS.
  4. mlink

mlink New Member

Thanks for your help, guys... when you google for this you find that it's credited to both SS and Electric Company... if anybody out there in muppet-land sees this thread and knows the answer, please let me know! :)

:)
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

It was definitely SS because I saw it there and such a cartoon wouldn't of fit in with the SS formet.
  6. pagesidehigh

pagesidehigh New Member

oh my god, my brother and i have looked EVERYWHERE for this

i remember the animation was shaky and i think fred was wearing an orange jumpsuit

what i remember of the lyrics:

my name is fred
    they call me fred
    and when i eat i butter up a slice of...
    (irritated guy comes in and says...)
    BREAD!

:(duh nuh nuh nuh)

my name is fred
    they call me fred
    and every night when i get tired
    (irritated guy says...)
    he gets FIRED

i would *KILL* for this - anyone who has it will be my hero for life if they can hook it up :)
  7. TheMage

TheMage New Member

Here you go.