My New Monster Puppet

practicecactus

Reaction score
This is a revised version of my Gerald puppet because I know a lot more about puppet making now and it was getting pretty cringe worthy in hindsight, what with it being my second puppet and all, four years ago. The fur was deteriorating too. So I updated him.
Revised eyeblink mech and just tried to improve it where I could. I made a foam body for him, but not going to use it because it makes him look too bloated. His body fur was made with the same shape, so I just left it without the foam.
Leather hand grip and thumb grip, sculpted foam skull, ping pong ball eyes and it's pretty comfy.
The eyeblink mech is what took me the longest. I made about three versions before settling on the final attempt. I had the foam head sculpted and after cutting the eyeholes and roughing out the eye placement, I realised the eyelids had to be angled.

http://pics.livejournal.com/practice_cactus/pic/000b1e8x

More pics here on puppethub including the eyeblink mech.

Blink

Reaction score
He looks great! You've stayed true to the original design, but he is much "cleaner". Super job.

shtick

Reaction score
very nice update! The eyelids look more defined now!

practicecactus

Reaction score
Cheers guys.
Someone said he looks softer. I did kinda like how the old one looked a bit hagered and worn in, but he was starting to fall apart. Need a nice ballance I guess.