1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

My New Puppet!

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by SesameStMuppets, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Hi everyone! I just thought I'd post a few new photos of my new puppet. I named him Scrap (it's kinda a family name ;) ). As for patterns, he's straight from Project Puppet's Mostro guidelines. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52568285@N07/
  2. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

LOVE IT!

cc
  3. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

4. Pork

Pork Active Member

Awesome!
  5. Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your kind words :)

If anyone's interested in seeing this guy in action (as well as a few other characters), just click the link below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2OR7_1i21c

I did all the puppeteering myself :wisdom:
  6. Edradour

Edradour Member

Wow! Great work on the building & puppeteering!
  7. Really awesome stuff. What I love most about him (or her?) is that he has a classic monster look, but the eyes really give him a unique character type I haven't seen before.

Great stuff!
  8. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

hahahah great kermit impression!

cc
  9. Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate your kind words :)

Muppaphone - Thank you so much! I was trying to go for that, I'm glad someone else caught onto it! He kinds feels like a Muppet who'd be out of place in that realm. It's almost like how Murray Monster on Sesame looks like a muppet, but is just out of place here in the states.
  10. Wow, your monster is so cute! And I agree with Chris that you do a good Kermit impression. Steve Whitmire needs to contact you should he ever retire.
  11. Thank you for that! I'm actually in the process of auditioning for Sesame Street... I don't think it'll end in me becoming Kermit or Ernie, but a guy can dream! I'd just be happy with seeing the Stoop in real life :)
  12. Adam Kreutinger

Adam Kreutinger Active Member

13. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

Did anyone tell you that you sound just like Steve Whitmire? At least Ernie, Kermit, and the monster do. Great work.
  14. Thanks, Adam!

Beaker, I've gotten the "Steve" compliment a few times, but it's always great to hear again :) Would you say, though that the monster sounds like a Whitmire puppet? I wouldn't have classified him into that voice range.

Truth be told, I actually think the monster would have been most effective as a Richard Hunt role ;)
  15. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

I just heard some Wembley/Rizzo vibes coming from the monster. First thing that popped in my mind.

As for Ernie and Kermit, they sound JUST LIKE Whitmire's versions of the characters, though my versions are kind of a mix of Henson and Whitmire (Kermit's closer to Henson, Ernie's closer to Whitmire)
  16. Wembleyfan

Wembleyfan New Member

I prefered Jim Henson's Kermit the Frog and Ernie to Steve Whimire's, but he did a great job with Beaker, Rizzo the Rat, and Wembley Fraggle
  17. beakerfan76

beakerfan76 Member

Yeah, Whitmire is no slouch when it comes to the higher pitched characters (Wembley is my favorite role of his, but Beaker is a close second, though I prefer Hunt's version a little more), and he's a worthy successor to Henson when it comes to Kermit. Ernie is decent. Just something about the tone of voice kinda bothers me. :p
  18. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Aaw. I really like him! Great work! :)
  19. Thanks again, everyone!