1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

My Opinion: "A Capitol Fourth" (2014)

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Luke kun, Aug 30, 2014.

?

Did you like "A Capitol Fourth"?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never seen it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Am going to see it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Have heard about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

First, I have to say: I did NOT watch the live broadcast on July 4.

Here's my story.

I was on Yahoo Messanger two Saturdays ago. Me and my friend planned to meet up at the Palisades Center at 8pm. But my friend told me that a re-run of A Capitol Fourth was going to be played at 7pm. I had to watch it.

At 6:45 pm, I broke out the popcorn, soda, Cool Ranch Doritos, Fritos, and Tostitos. I tuned into PBS and turned on my laptop. At 6:59, I was tense. I had never seen the Muppets in a serious event before. Then the clock striked 7. I was set.

The show came on, the theme music was playing, and I wondered "When will the Muppets be on?" About 5 minutes into the show, I...just couldn't. I started laughing. I almost choked on my popcorn, and had to stop the show (mean: leave the room) for a minute or two. But then I consoled myself, returned to the room, and kept on watching.

When Kermit and Miss Piggy came on, I sang along with them. At the end of the performance, I applauded.

As soon as the show ended, I had to get in my car and drive to West Nyack to meet my friend on the 4th floor of the Palisades Center.

Yeah...

To sum it up: it was great. I also had recorded the show on DVD, and I'm gonna watch it tonight.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.