My own Gonzo doll

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just finished my Gonzo doll, with the help of some friends.
He seems to have put on a lot of weight! LOL

dmoss

Reaction score
Cool! Did you guys make him from scratch? Well done; I'm totally jealous! Was he expensive to make?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Cool! Did you guys make him from scratch? Well done; I'm totally jealous! Was he expensive to make?
I havent tallyed all the materials up, but probably somewhere between $300-$500.yes, totally scratch built.His head was first sculpted in plasticine(I had a fun job jabbing his eyelids and nose with a small knitting needle to get the foam look) then it was cast in resin, his body has a metal armature frame, inside a paded body.
This might give you an idea of the foam texture, something that MR should of done.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I havent tallyed all the materials up, but probably somewhere between $300-$500.yes, totally scratch built.His head was first sculpted in plasticine(I had a fun job jabbing his eyelids and nose with a small knitting needle to get the foam look) then it was cast in resin, his body has a metal armature frame, inside a paded body.
This might give you an idea of the foam texture, something that MR should of done.
I completely agree that's how the nose should have been done by MR. Good job! :concern:

TML

Reaction score
Yeah, I wondered why they couldn't have one something like Palisades. Sculpt it with texture and cast it out of a light weight material. Nice work.