My own personal best week ever

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
This has been the single most eventful week of my entire life. It began last weekend with a trip to NC to meet this company that I had been sort of working for for free (its complicated). They offered me the chance to work for them full time from home and I decided to jump on it to grow my own company. I quit my job (which I hated so very much) and started on the scary road of working for myself on Tuesday. (If you want the whole story on this, its in my blog: http://blog.hillarydepiano.com).

But then, no sooner had I finished calling all my friends and family to tell them about this huge life changing event than another happened right on its heels.

While in the city this weekend to see the Odd Couple (the tickets were my birthday present), my boyfriend took me to dinner and then as we killed time before the show walking around Columbus Circle, he dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him. While I was still in an advanced state of shock, he had a horse drawn carriage pull up (white horse, natch) which took us for a ride around Central Park and then, after the show, a limo with my parents in it pulled up and drove us home while we drank champagne.

I had no idea the boy was capable of such romance!

So getting to quit my job that I hated for a dream job and then getting engaged all in the same week!

VH1, I don’t care what you say, I am having the best week ever!

superfan

Reaction score
wow wow and wow!!!

You lucky woman, you!
Well, congratulations on as many levels as can be congratulated on!
Enjoy your good luck, good love and good life!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Congradulations on all of your wonderful good fortune! And you did not just get engaged; you got engaged in the most beautiful way possible! How romantic! The best of luck to you!
I don't suppose you've had time to make any solid plans yet?

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Not really. There seem to be two schools of thought. My friends who are recently married all say to wait a month b4 doing any planning just to enjoy the whole young and in love thing.

My family, on the other hand, seems to want me to spend every second planning.

Its a back and forth.

I think i might like to get married in the fall though and that is kinda soon so I guess I should get on it.....