1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

My own Project Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Bill Bubble Guy, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I'm following in Snowth's footsteps and creating this thread to talk about my projects and goals.

My main project activity is my writing. Back in 2005 I self-published my first book, a secret agent adventure set in Australia called "The Battle For The Secret Laser" featuring Rodney Cobboe of the Australian Secret Service. Many people loved it and I was so happy.

Ever since then I've been working upon my follow-up. It's to be a trilogy of short fantasy stories published as an anthology called "Enchanting Tales of Wilma The Witch". My editor is helping me improve the three stories and I'm hoping this year will be when the task is accomplished.

I'll let you know how things turn out.
  2. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Alright Marty! Keep up the good work!

You have my support!
  3. Bill Bubble Guy

Thank you Keith. I hope that one day my work shall be freely available to you and all my other friends to see. :)
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I've been interested in hearing about the progress of your writing Marty.

Out of curiosity, will you be also working on the manuscript you shared with me?
  5. Bill Bubble Guy

Yes Snowth. I'm planning to revise and update my autobiographical manuscript with improvements upon where my views have changed somewhat regarding the main controversy I talked about and expand it to include other incidents in my experience of Church and coming to know Christ.

My editor is also a Christian so I'll have very good feedback from her I'm sure.
  6. Bill Bubble Guy

I'm starting to make some changes to my story "Wilma the Witch and the Return of Derek" It's tough work this writing, but it's going to be worth it.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity Marty, are there any illustrations available for us to see?
  8. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

That's so cool! I wish you luck with it :)
  9. Bill Bubble Guy

Well my spy adventure has a cover picture Snowth. It's in black and white outline on the front of the booklet and is reproduced in miniature form inside at the back opposite the list of acknowledgements. I didn't draw it myself. I don't consider myself an artist, though I'd like to try it one day.

I also have three drawings to use in my witch anthology. One day I'll ask a friend of mine to help me figure out how to let you see them here. I promise.
  10. Bill Bubble Guy

Here's the little blurb I put together that's printed on the back cover of "The Battle for the Secret Laser"

Enter Aussie Secret Service Agent X-24
    His first important mission for the Australian Secret Service.
    A brand new secret weapon.
    Can he possibly prevent it from falling into the wrong hands?
    Will he be able to survive his encounters with enemy agents?
    Action! Thrills! Danger! Fair Dinkum!
    You will be captivated by this bonzer adventure.
  11. Bill Bubble Guy

I've just about finished doing my current revisions of the Witch trilogy. Then I'll try to make an appointment to discuss them with my editor.
    I'll keep you posted. :excited:
  12. Bill Bubble Guy

It's been a long time I know. Time has not been on our side but my editor and I do plan on meeting this Sunday afternoon if things go according to plan. She says my stories are becoming much improved. I'm getting very excited. :excited:
  13. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

I am very very happy to hear that Marty i am so excited to see how this all turns out for my dear heart .

:):excited:
  14. Bill Bubble Guy

Thank you sweetie. I will keep you updated. Hopefully the new book will be published before you come to meet me in Australia. :flirt:
  15. Bill Bubble Guy

Our meeting was very swell. She treated me to a drink and cheesecake. I can pay for the next time. :D

My stories need a little more description in places among other small things. I'll be working on them soon. :excited:
  16. Bill Bubble Guy

My first update in a long time.

Wilma the Witch has been worked on and off again for a long time and I've been sidetracked by other things. But I hope to get the trilogy of stories finally ready for 2013 to self publish.

Also I'm going to try sending the Spy adventure to some publishing companies. My sweet Michelle tells me that being self published is the first step to making it big nowadays. I'll compose a letter and mail it along with the printed out manuscript and a copy of the version I published to the publishers. I'll also send copies to Michelle and she'll try to introduce me to American publishers.

I want to try to make it big so I can have a steady income. I need this if my future marriage with Michelle is going to begin to have a chance to work out. I love you Sweetie.:flirt:
    muppet baby likes this.
  17. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

your welcome sweethaert i am very happy to help you i am glad that things are going well i understand getting sidtracked with many things in life , i have done that with my own writing projects .

God bless you sweetheart i look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for us with our writing we need it so much for our furtutre together .
    Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  18. Bill Bubble Guy

Bless you too Sweetie. I love you dearly.
  19. Bill Bubble Guy

Okay things are beginning to happen.

I have a new printer installed and I have printed out two copies of my Battle For The Secret Laser. One copy I have just mailed to sweet Michelle along with a copy of my self-published booklet so she can attempt to interest publishers in America for me. Mum and I are going to look into together and ask who we can try sending the other copy to here in Australia. I will do my best to get some profits going for us dear Muppet Baby my lovey. :flirt: