My puppets will be on Fox

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Gordon!

I loved the puppets! I actually went out and posted a thread on this same board, not realizing that you had probably posted previously!

Great work!

spcglider

Reaction score
Thank you again, folks! Jeepers! I'm gonna get a swelled noggin!

I do hafta say that my partner on that gig, Charles Hubbell, was an immaculate performer. He handled the barfing alien. Charles is an actor by trade, but he's picked up the whole puppet performer thing in no time flat. He really is what you'd call a "natural". He does a lot of work for Best Buy Inc. on their internal campus network as well as local acting jobs.

As for the director on the spot, Andrew is a great great guy. He took my suggestions without a bat of the eyelash. If you look carefully at the spaceship in the wide shot, you'll see that it has it's hazard lights on... like on a car. That was my suggestion.

It was really grea being able to go in and see the piece when I did the ADR for the alien guy. We caught live sound, but it wasn't of excellent quality, so we looped everything... the dialogue, the mumbling, the shout as he falls, and the slurping of the alien beer (see the alien "St.Pauly Girl" on the can at the officer's feet?).

-G

DannyRWW

Reaction score
and the director of Spaced Out made it to the next round, so congrats. Maybe if he makes it big he can do a puppt film :smile: I was hoping Spaced out would have been one of the top three (it was certainly better than the last one that made it into the top three). Anyways good job on the puppets, spcglider. I'm sure many of us our jelous that we don't get opportunities like that :smile: Thanks for representing the puppet community. Its also good to see that the director chose puppets rather than computer effects.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
VERY FUNNY! I loved it. I hope more gets done with the alien puppets.

spcglider

Reaction score
Danny,

Don't be jealous! Like I mentioned earlier, it was pretty much only serendipity that brought this around. I was in the right place at the right time... that's LUCK, so don't be jealous of something so random!

It was a great experience. If I can parlay it into more cool work, I certainly will. But if it doesn't ever amount to anything more, at least I'll have something on my puppetry resume!

-Gordon