My Puppets

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Hey all-

I humbly present my feeble attempts at puppet building. Mainly using the Foam Book. Can't wait for John Kennedy's next book. From all he's told me it's going to ROCK. The foam Book is good but it just seems like there's stuff Missing. I got the Foam Book Videos for Christmas and they are good but again, it's like stuff is missing.

Anywho, the photos are here:

http://homepage.mac.com/toasterboyg4/PhotoAlbum29.html

You will see..

Dog Puppet - "Murph" - I made over a year ago - Christmas 2003 - A gift For My Girlfriend

"Gramma" - A Puppet Of My Great Grandmother made for her 90th B-Day in February 2004

And "Princess Sabrina" Made for a Dog Training DVD. We shoot tomorrow! I just don't like the nose, but the client LOVES it! Oh well! Finished her today.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I love all of them, you are very talented. I hope I can get as good as that soon.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Awesome work, man! Is that foam work on granny or what?

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice comments!

That is indeed Foam Work on the Gramma puppet. It's based heavily on the Foam Book Video of the Nip & Tuck Method. The head of the puppet turned out to tbe so big that folks joked with me that she was almost life sized.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments. I haven't decided what I'm going to work on next. Either a Rat Mascot for a website or one of my Grandfather. Pictures when I do!

Rock On!

Grant
throwingtoasters.com

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Awesome Puppets man...hey what did you use for Princess Sabrina's eyes?

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
gfarkwort said:
Awesome Puppets man...hey what did you use for Princess Sabrina's eyes?
Two plastic spoons, sanded down on the edge. Fake $3 eyelashes and black "no scuff" dots that you can buy at hardware stores.

The two fish puppets are the first times I tried to make "Henson" looking eyes. The contact cement stuff works good, but I switched to Hot Glue and it worked just as well.

Grant