My Space/Facebook?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello... Been thinking if I should take the plunge and get either or both a My Space and Facebook accounts. From what one of my real life friends tells me, My Space and Facebook serve the same sort of general purpose, My Space having a more professional resumé orientation while Facebook serves as a holder for anything that I want to show off or talk about. If they are indeed both the same thing, I'd prefer to get just one as it'd cut down on the time spent on two different places. Course, I'd also prefer the one that'd be easier to navigate/manage from a simple computer user's viewpoint.

So I open the discussion to all the friends I hold dear here at MC I've made over the years...
Which is easiest to manage?
Which is the better option?
What are your experiences with either or both?
Would you recommend it for a newbie like me?

Thanks, hope to hear from youz guys soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I myself just have a Myspace. My sister has a facebook and a Myspace. I don't really know much of the difference, except on Facebook you can give virtual gifts- usually pretty naughty ones and virutal alcoholic drinks. And you can virtually hug and poke people as well.

That's all I know.

On Myspace, you can have a layout page, but you need to get it from somewhere, and you have to enter in a code. I got a Futurama one, myself.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I prefer Facebook because it is a little safer. There are less creeps, and for the most part people can't see your profile at all unless they are your friend or you change the security options. Also, there aren't as many ads for um... raunchy stuff.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I know!
Myspace is open to wierdos!
I get hit on alot by older guys on myspace...
It's like...SEE THE AGE?

Ew.

They even ask for my cellphone number!
(I never give it out though...it's stupid.)

I am in Myspace and planning to change my account.
Delete the current one---I will have an account in Facebook too...

Both for moi...

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I guess you should turn to Facebook!
>_> That's basically what I wanted to say.

There.
*Flees*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I prefer Facebook. I end up with a lot of spam on my myspace account. You do have alot of privacy options with Facebook and you can choose what applications you want to have on there. So, if you just want it plain and clean, you can keep it that way. If you want to add fun add ons like Fraggle Rock quotes or Happy Hour or whatever, that is your choice, you can keep it as simple or make it as extravagant as you want.

I also like Facebook because I can access it at work, myspace is blocked.

There is also an MC group on Facebook.

Ok enough shameless plugging.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Facebook is definately a lot better, I had a myspace but i deleted it because i didnt really feel safe on it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know what you mean. Myspace is really driving me crazy.:crazy: LOL! Seriously though.:attitude:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... First, there's an MC Facebook group? Where do I go for that Beth? Secondly, the reason I started this is cause I am genuinely interested in knowing which would serve as a better outlet... But also, seeing as how muppetwriter keeps recruiting people for his fanfic crossovers via his myspace account, I was interested in doing something similar for the subgroup of characters for my castle of counted haunters, a subgroup denominated as "Graveyard Girls". Dunno, might play around with both sites, haven't decided yet.

Would Facebook still serve for the purpose expressed above? Or would it be best to have a Facebook as a primary account, using the myspace account for finding new friends willing to be drawn into my fictional world?

Hope to hear some more suggestions.