My Thoughts: Disney's Muppets

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I totally agree . . .unfortunately, the longer Disney keeps sitting on their hands, waiting for the "right moment," the Muppets are quickly leaving the publics eye. It almost seems like Disney purposely took the Muppets off the Market to replace them with the "Disney versions." What's missing is the originality that the Muppets have always exemplified, the innovation, the humor, and the love. The new pop culture Muppets aren't doing so well. Perhaps Disney will get the hint.

Marky

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
though you all have no clue what is going on quitelty behind the secens. There could be a lot of new things in the work that we don't need to know about just yet.
Forgive my cynical self if I mention how we've heard this cryptic hollow knock before to no avail...

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Originaly posted by
rexcrk If Eisner was still around I wonder if we'd be getting more activity from the Muppets, he seemed to be really excited about owning the Muppets (it's the one thing that keeps me from being a huge Anti-Eisner person).
Sorry I'm late, but I heard that Iger is a EXTREMELY big muppet fan, and he REALLY wants the muppets to get back in the public's eye.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
IgorPonweed said:
Sorry I'm late, but I heard that Iger is a EXTREMELY big muppet fan, and he REALLY wants the muppets to get back in the public's eye.

Where did you hear that? that changes some things in my brain!!!!

PhenixInd

Reaction score
Knowing Disney they are probably just trying to figure out how to suck the most money out of this franchise

unclematt

Reaction score
I work with kids and 1 in every 20 knows who Kermit the Frog is. That is sad and I am crying right now

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
My thoughts of Muppet ideas from Disney

I think Disney did some nice ideas for the Muppets. Here's a list of what I think was nice of Disney.

1. Disney releasing season sets of The Muppet Show.
2. Disney made The Muppets Wizard of Oz.
3. Disney released several Muppet CD's.
4. Disney lets Sesame Workshop include Kermit on Do De Rubber Duck and Everybody Be Yo'Self and SS videos since SW lost rights to him.
5. Disney released a restored and remastered DVD of The Muppet Movie.
6. Disney made nifty and cool TV appearances like Kermit appearing on Extreme Makeover Home Edition or the TV Land Awards.
7. Disney released Before You Leap.
8. Disney made a Kermit's 50th anniversary parade in Texas.
9. Disney has a Muppet store in Disney World.
10. Disney released nifty Kermit pins.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Disney did some nice ideas for the Muppets. Here's a list of what I think was nice of Disney.

1. Disney releasing season sets of The Muppet Show.
2. Disney made The Muppets Wizard of Oz.
3. Disney released several Muppet CD's.
4. Disney lets Sesame Workshop include Kermit on Do De Rubber Duck and Everybody Be Yo'Self and SS videos since SW lost rights to him.
5. Disney released a restored and remastered DVD of The Muppet Movie.
6. Disney made nifty and cool TV appearances like Kermit appearing on Extreme Makeover Home Edition or the TV Land Awards.
7. Disney released Before You Leap.
8. Disney made a Kermit's 50th anniversary parade in Texas.
9. Disney has a Muppet store in Disney World.
10. Disney released nifty Kermit pins.

Wizard of Oz was planned before the Disney buyout. I would sauy a lot of the fact that it felt rushed, and had a c-list pop star (for the tweens) as Dorothy was due to them.

Other than that they have been doing pretty little. I give them credit for allowing SW to use old Kermit clips. But that's about it.