My Thoughts: Disney's Muppets

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know, I don't really care who the guest stars are (though there are some on the above lists that I wouldn't enjoy hehe). The guest stars were always just kinda frills to me. Nice, but it was the Muppets that really made the show.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey, put Zack Efron on a Muppet Show and you're sure to get viewers. :wink: That's something very doable by Disney. Not a High School Musical fan but I wouldn't mind. :big_grin:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, it would, but that would only get the tweens interested in it instead of EVERYBODY.

Daniel

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
It would make sense for the Muppets to have popular stars like Zack Efron on a show, but also other more enduring celebrities.

At any rate, I honestly don't know most of the stars from the first season of the Muppet Show (as well as the second). I know some of them, but the point is, the Muppets kept me interested.

Actually, I think an interseting idea for a Muppet Show could be to have adverage people off the streets interacting with the Muppets... Somewhat like the Sesame Street characters interacting with kids, but a whole show about it, you know? Yes, there would also be big named celebrities involved, but I personally think people could really relate to seeing adverage, unknown people on the Muppet Show!

Imagine a skit that is set up like a talk show and Kermit, the host, introduces someone with an interesting talent and then other Muppets get involved and perhaps Statler and Waldorf would heckle from their theater box. The whole skit would only take two minutes, but it would be a lot of fun for everyone, I think.

Maybe this idea sounds better in my head than it really is, but I like it.

Oh, and come celebs I would like to see with the Muppets include:
Oprah (now that would be a sight to see)
Anne Hathaway
Ellen DeGeneres
Jim Carrey
Robin Williams
Johnny Depp

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah, it would, but that would only get the tweens interested in it instead of EVERYBODY.

Daniel
Name some guest stars who EVERY type of demograph would want to watch. It's very hard. The best thing is to book for the younger demograph but try and make sure they are all still fairly appropriate for a family audience too. It's just not the 70's anymore, back then you had big stars who crossed the different age groups, its way more defined now. Back in the day families watched more TV together.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
At any rate, I honestly don't know most of the stars from the first season of the Muppet Show (as well as the second). I know some of them, but the point is, the Muppets kept me interested.
I completely agree. The celebs are nice, but if the Muppets are good, it will keep people coming.

The best thing is to book for the younger demograph but try and make sure they are all still fairly appropriate for a family audience too. It's just not the 70's anymore, back then you had big stars who crossed the different age groups, its way more defined now. Back in the day families watched more TV together.
It's true, audiences are more separate now. The thing is, these younger demographic celebs will not endure. Heading towards the flavor of the moment just doesn't pay in the long term. The world has changed, but adapting to fit the change (especially when it's flawed in many ways) doesn't always end with success.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I don't know, I don't really care who the guest stars are (though there are some on the above lists that I wouldn't enjoy hehe). The guest stars were always just kinda frills to me. Nice, but it was the Muppets that really made the show.
Actually, for me, I was first introduced to many of the guest stars when he or she appeared on TMS. I first heard of celebs such as Beverly Sills, Edgar Bergen, Paul Williams, Liza Minnelli, Marisa Berenson, Twiggy, Zero Mostel, Paul Simon and many others through their appearances on the show. Of course I loved the Muppets, but I always found the guest stars quite interesting, too.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh I agree, and I was first introduced to many of the guest stars through the Muppets too. I'm just not as interested in who the Muppets might appear with now. Maybe it's because I'm such a purist and Old Schooler, lol.