My turn to have computer trouble

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
As of Saturday, my computer hasbeen down. It's so badlyinfected with malware Etc. that even Jaws, my screenreader, is blocked. I'm currently borrowing my mother's netbook, which is slow as milasis, and System Access to go, which is like a self-contained screenreader. It's not great quality, but it's okay for emergency short-term use like this. I'm not sure when I'll be back online perminantly, so I just wanted to check in here and say I miss this place and all of you, and that I hope to beback as soon as possible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Alright Kate, here's what you need to do...

If you can, go download Malwarebytes' Antimalware program, scan for the infections, have them quarantined, then delete them.

If that doesn't work, then try Spybot - Search & Destroy, it's good at picking up spyware, trojans, surely it could find malware as well; it's saved my life the six times I got hit with the XP Security/Guardian virus earlier this year.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, I just had someone suggest that one to me the other day, so it must be a good one! Thanks, although right now I can't get past the startup. I downloaded SpyBot, and it at least seemed to be holding the nasties at bay for a while, but I guess it wasn't the best sollution. Hmmm, I'm kinda getting used to the system I'm using now, but I can't wait to get my own back.
:smile: I just hope I don't have to get a whole new computer... I just let things get wayout of hand.
:eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, no real one program/software out there is going to really keep these malicious things out of your computer ALL the time... they're more or less tools to help dispose of them when they DO infect you.

Yes, Malwarebytes' Antimalware is good stuff, but if the infection is too bad, it'll be disabled; Spybot, again, these programs really don't keep them out, but they're good at getting rid of them when they infect, and Spybot's no exception.

One thing you can try doing too, if you're trying to open one of these programs, but the infection's preventing you from doing that, hit Ctrl, atl, then delete to open your Task Manager, go to Applications, and where you see the infection is running, click End Task to keep closing it, so you can carry on with your the task of getting rid of them.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
So very sorry about your bad luck Kate. :sympathy:

I hope things get mended for you as soon as possible. I know how frustrating it was with my problems recently.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well I'm back, and it wasn't quite as bad as I feared. My tech guy did a virus scan, gave me a new program, and is seeing that some of the more expensive program updates get ordered for me. Now I'm just having trouble getting back into Skype, but other than that, it works perfectly! Glad I didn't have to lose anything!
:sing:
:big_grin: