My Viewing of Non Noggin Sesame Street episodes

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Thanks to Ssetta, I finally got a chance to see some Sesame Street episodes that were never on Noggin. The first one I want to tell you about is from 1991, and it's episode #2795. It's all about the grand Reopening of Hooper's store and it starts out with Mr. Handford walking down Sesame Street. Gee, I miss Mr. Handford :frown: He tells everyone that Hooper's Store is having its Grand Reopening, and suddently right in front of the store there is Big Bird and Snuffy and Bob all sound asleep. Mr. Handford is confused as to what is going on, but he finds out that Big Bird and Snuffy wanted to be the first ones into the new Store, but needed a grownup with them if they wanted to stay up all night, so Bob of course was the sucker who got talked into it. Poor Bob. Next scene Gina and Mr. Handford are getting ready to open the new store. Telly and Juliet. A forgotten charachter of the 80's and early 90's come in and Telly is very worried that he won't like the new stools at the new store and he won't be able to drink a glass of milk and he won't grown and he won't get to be a fireman. Isn't he going just a little overboard? Oh wait, that's Telly, he always goes overboard. In the next street scene we see another Forgotten charachter, in his very last appearance on the show. He is trying to make a new song for Hooper's Store. This is the first and last time Mr. Handford will meet Don Music, for he has banged his head on his piano for the last time. Well it's time to open the store now and everyone is lined up at the door ready to come in. The Countdown begins and the count is counting down the seconds (Back then, the Count wasn't strictly kept in the number of the day segments, and visisted the street every now and then. It's time to go in and Big Bird and Snuffy argue over who will go in first, finally Big Bird is nice and let's Snuffy go in, but he gets stuck in the doorway, ohhhhh boy.... Well with the help of his friends he gets pulled out, but everyone else is already in, therefore Big Bird Snuffy, and Bob slept out in front of Hooper's all night for nothing :frown: Next scene and it's nighttime and there is a big huge mess in Hooper's store with Shirts and Hats with the store's name on them everywhere, and Gina and Mr. Handford notice that everyone but Oscar was at the Grand Re Opening of the store. We then see Oscar with good old, also long forgotten Bruno carrying him around. Oscar is so thrilled with the big mess, he is glad that he showed up right on time, 13 years later and Oscar hasn't changed a bit. (I almost started crying when I saw him with Bruno, Bruno is dead now :frown: :frown: :frown:

Well it's really late now, Gina has gone home, and Mr. Handford is closing up shop, Biff comes by with a Framed Dollar Bill and it's the first Bill Mr. Handford made at the new Store. Biff offers to nail it up on the wall. But Mr. Handford assures him that he will do it himself. This makes a lot of sense since Biff Hanging up the first dollar Handford made in the old store is what destroyed the old store in the first place. Good thinking Mr. Handford!! We then see the nighttime closing theme, with the sea, and the city at night, and the credits. The show ends with Mr. Handford proudly hanging up his very first dollar bill he made. what a nice ending to a nice episode. This was a good episode to watch because it was right at the time just before Sesame Street started going through major changes and still had that classic feel to it.

Coming soon: episode 2874

P

Philo and Gunge

Don_Music_2004 said:
This makes a lot of sense since Biff Hanging up the first dollar Handford made in the old store is what destroyed the old store in the first place.
What? When was this?

Dantecat

Reaction score
I say in 1991.But I like to know what muppet skits,you get on there?

Dantecat

Reaction score
Don Music 2004,Do you know what muppet skits you get on this episode?
Is Sully on there too?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loved this episode. I have two episodes that weren't ever shown. I'll try to get a summy of the two and if anyone wants to trade. I'll do so.

gutchman

Reaction score
Don_Music_2004, ssetta told me that episode 2795 ended with the harmonica closing music during the credits. Was he wrong?

gutchman

Reaction score
ssetta, do you have a youtube account? If not, you could sign up get and one for free, then you could post all the street scenes from episode 2795 of SS up on www.youtube.com, just like sawing14s did for some episodes. What do you say, will you do it?

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually do have an account with YouTube, but I don't really know how to upload videos.

gutchman

Reaction score
so ssetta, which episodes of Sesame Street do you currently have? Also, which format are they (VHS tape, DVD format, torrent)?