My Weird Al Concert Review!

Zondra

Reaction score
A couple years ago, Al played a free concert for my town's CitiFest. (I live in Toledo.) It was AWESOME!!! I wasn't even a huge fan of his at the time, but he totally reeled me in! I mean, a guy who does a free concert and spares no expense. It was a great show.

Also, I don't know if anyone's heard of them (tell me if you do!), but last week I went to see JET, The Vines, and the Living End in Detroit (about an hour away). That was THE best concert I've been to. The Living End has been one of my favorite bands for like 5 years, and we actually got to hang out with them and talk for a good twenty minutes!! They signed shirts, stickers, and CDs for us and we took pictures with them, four of them! ^_^ It was possibly the most exciting thing ever, you know, MEETING your favorite band!!! I'm going to Cleveland in June to see them again, I told them I'd be there. :excited:

I feel ya, Andy. It's absolutely amazing. :flirt:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Zondra said:
It was possibly the most exciting thing ever, you know, MEETING your favorite band!!!
Yeah, it really is something. Especially since I've listened to Weird Al for about 20 years, and been a big fan for at least 15. It was a strange feeling, actually, because we felt like we knew him personally when we met him, like we were saying hi to an old friend.

jediX

Reaction score
I met one of my fave bands, Reel Big Fish, a couple years ago at one of their shows before it had started. But that's another story.

I echo your 3 heroes, Andy.

Beebers

Reaction score
But AndyWan, which clown shoes did you wear? The orange-with-multi-color-polkadots? The purple-green-blue paisleys? Or zee light-ups? Did you put out any streetlights for Al for entertainment? These are important questions and inquiring minds want to know.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Beebers said:
But AndyWan, which clown shoes did you wear? The orange-with-multi-color-polkadots? The purple-green-blue paisleys? Or zee light-ups? Did you put out any streetlights for Al for entertainment? These are important questions and inquiring minds want to know.
:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

I wore all of the clown shoes. Seriously. Ears, hands, feet, elbows--all covered with clown shoes. I held my electic powers in check, though, for fear of disturbing the concert's electrical systems and having a mob of angry AL fans after me...

Convincing John

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Then the guy in the row behind me asked me if I wanted the cup he had caught that Al threw during the "Smells Like Nirvana" number. Of course, I said yes and thanked him.

You got a cup, too? He must've thrown two of them, then. I was at that same concert, too!

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=13466

And I got a cup from the Nirvana number! It landed about ten feet away from me. Maybe two of them were stuck together and came apart when he threw them? Ah, who cares? We both got Weird Al cups!:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

Count von Count: That is TWO! TWO cups that Weird Al threw out into the audience! Ah ah ah ah ah!

Convincing John

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
*so glad she's not the only Al-obsessed person on the forum*

Super Scooter

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
Heh. I've actually been listening to Poodle Hat every day this week.... and, of course, Avenue Q.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I would imagine there's a pretty decent-sized overlap in the two groups!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
You got a cup, too? He must've thrown two of them, then. I was at that same concert, too!
Hey, I saw you there--you were the guy with the hat in the front row, yes? I was in the row behind you in a blue Hawaiian shirt, in the middle of the row. I had on a black shoe and a white shoe. I remember you from the day the tickets were on sale too--you were first at the right-hand ticket window, and I was first at the middle one. I stood there and read the Sandman for two hours and listened to my iPod while waiting for the tickets to go on sale. Glad to (sorta) meet you. Are you in the Iowa City area, then?

:smile: