My Wish For The New Year

beaker

Reaction score
I'll begin this by saying I hope for everyone to read this...

First off, it is amazing how truly fast time flies...and here it is, just days away from a new year. It is always around this time I get some added clarity and reflection to look back on the year, as well as to look toward the future.

If I were to have two wishes for the future, for the new year...it would be this: For everyone's dreams and goals to come true, and a return to the innocence and splendor we felt growing up. That is it. The message of the Muppet Movie, combined with
all the ingredients to get back to where we bagn...a return to joy, innocence, wonder and splendor.

It pains me so much to see how much the cynicism, apathy, complacency, and jadedness of the 90's has swept through everything. I want to return to a time when things were bright,
when things looked big and bright, and beautiful. I was on chat recently and even others brought up how so many of today's kids have gotten caught up in this cynicism and jadedness the 90's brought about. Do you guys remember a time; when you werent thinking about the problems of the world, or when certain things were the way they were. A time when things were new, and you were filled with imagination and optimism?

It sounds like an outlandish tall order, and it flies in the face of everything we know...but my wish is for things to go back to the future. The splendor of the past but in the future. As well as the things we wish to accomplish coming true.

I wish for all this cynicism, 'same ol bs', 'been there done that', 'eyes rolling at another year' feeling to wash away...
and the groundwork for something new and exciting to be set forth in everything we do. In life in general...for happiness.
This really isnt meant to have do to with anything forum or online related, but mor ein a general sense. Is it so impossible to truly bring about the impossible? I wonder...what if...

What if there was a way...a way for us individually to be set free of the shackles of cynicism and irony. And a way to at the end of the day sit back and think to ourselves "Gosh, I am really having the time of my life". That is what I wish for everyone on here and everywhere that feels this way.

...that kid in a Walden's book store some ages ago, spending endless hours reading Fraggle Rock, Sesame, and Muppet Show illustrated books. That is the person I wish to become again, but with the wisdom and vision that has come with age.

I realize a lot of people reading this are just going to roll their eyes and think 'There's that wacko Cory saying weird stuff again'. But what I just stated in this thread is me. This is who I am, baring my soul for all to see.

It's with this I am truly looking to mak some profound changes and evolution in myself and who I am...I'm just trying to get back home...my need for innocence, joy, imagination...and the place where I began.

"With this line I mark my past, as a symbol for a new beginning".

And with that, a journey to a new world of discovery.

May each and every one of your futures glow brightly with unimaginable goodness, love, peace, and your dreams becoming a reality.
Happy holidays everyone.

Luke

Reaction score
Well said Cory ........ my wish for the new year is that Phil sorts out a chat room. LOL !

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
<B>and a return to the innocence and splendor we felt growing up. That is it. The message of the Muppet Movie, combined with all the ingredients to get back to where we bagn...a return to joy, innocence, wonder and splendor</B>
Wouldn't we all; I know I would. I long for the days of my youth; I yearn for my times in my elementary school OH (Special ed), and I often mourn & reminisce about them ... Eight years that literally changed my life. They made me who I am, and I am eternally grateful for that special period in my life; a unique gift that make my childhood memories stand out from the majority.
For that, I am "truly gifted.
I wish people like Eisner would get their heads out of their @ss#s and realize that all everybody wants is to return to a simpler time.
Something that "everybody" can agree on.
Well ... back to my "private" annual screening of A MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL" :smile:
"After all, there's only one more sleep 'till Christmas"!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E

I wish people like Eisner would get their heads out of their @ss#s and realize that all everybody wants is to return to a simpler time.
Something that "everybody" can agree on.
Indeed...all guided by ideals they couldn't grasp, blinded by the thought of what they thought was right.

But alas now days I lay my ear to the ground hoping to hear anything...anything that sounds like a restoration coming soon.
I hope the turmoil caused by the last decade finally gives way to a new soil of hope and prosperity.

...like the kid from Never Ending Story or Frodo from Lord of the Rings...I guess I am on some kind of quest to bring about the restoration of innocence and wonder in this age of rampant cynicism and lost irony.