Narnia

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
So, who's seen the movie? What do you think of it? I saw it last night and loved it! :smile:
Erin

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I saw it last night too.

The visuals were pretty good, but IMO, it skipped around a little too much. I've read the books, so I already feel for these characters, but it didn't seem to me that the general audience was given enough time to get to know the kids or why things were the way things were.

I dunno, maybe it was aimed more towards kids (it is classified as a childrens book), but I do think they could have fit in more explanatory dialogue to fill it out a bit.

All in all, I'm glad I saw it at the theatre, but I really hope they step it up for future films.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
you should also watch the BBC Televison moie it is chessy FX but it is great

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I'm planning on seeing it, I've heard it's good

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
you should also watch the BBC Televison moie it is chessy FX but it is great
I look at the box-set everytime I see it at Wal*Mart or Suncoast. I've always wondered if it's any good or not.

Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
The BBC version has its merits, but the effects are definitely a bit cheesy at times, and some of the acting is kinda blah. I was particularly disappointed in Lucy. We have it, and I like to watch it now and again, but for the most part I'd have to say I prefer this version. Byron wrote a great review of the BBC one here: http://www.epinions.com/content_54966062724 I, meanwhile, wrote a review of the new one (though I'm scolding myself for never reviewing the first): http://www.epinions.com/content_213563182724

I loved the movie and might even see it in the theater again - which is unusual for me - if my brother decides he wants to go with me eventually. He was otherwise engaged the other day... :mad:
Erin

RedDragon

Reaction score
Narnia, it's the best movie I've seen in the last 16 years(note age>>>>). It's amazing and awe inspiring. GO SEE IT!!!! IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!! And if you don't have time...MAKE TIME, DANG IT!!!! IF YOU WATCH ONE LAST MOVIE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, MAKE IT THIS ONE. IT'S THAT FRELLING GOOD!!!......

And I disagree, I think people got what was going on. And I never really liked the creepy british version. It was alright, but creepy and disappointing.....

<clears throat> That's all I have to say, thank you.