Nascar: this is the last straw!

beaker

Reaction score
I swear this is the last straw with that missing chromozone prehistoric crap.

First they kill off their own athletes and spectators(well motorsports ingeneral, what other sport does that?), then you realize its a THREE HOUR big tobacco ciggarette commercial: isnt that illegal??? They should be taken off the air right there for that.

...oh man, after being all cozy to JHC, and JHC putting a lot of money into the 25th promotion, they stab the Muppets in the back for what was suppose to be their big day on tv. Now theyve preempted the new Ninja Turtles cartoon!(what is probably the only worthwhile show on fox saturday morning) I Set the alarm and even sat through some of the horrendous garbage on there just to see it. ( I dont even watch tv anymore hardly...man...)

"Up next, a brand new episode of Ninja Turtles"...then BOOM! Like a hammer to the head "Its Nasssscawwwwr next! Yee Haw"(Cue Lynard Skynard) Man. Who the heck wants to watch left turns all day with the prospect of life, sanity, and teeth looming over? If I hated the 'sport' before, now...oh boy. Ban this garbage I say!

Bulldawg

Reaction score
dude... i LIVE around this sillyness...and i dont understand its appeal.
and a LOT of drivers have died in accidents at the speedway here just in the charlotte track alone... but no one cares.
ask anyone and they dont think there is a pattern.
one guy last season i remember .(he was in a smaller circuit..t the grand nascar one but a rank or so below it)...slammed into the wall at over 150mph, died on impact.

and people i talked to all said "oh he was young and inexperienced..shoulda been more careful"

?? yeah..im sure the guys MOM would love that excuse.

so they just toss out a tribute and continue to rake in the $$$$ cause thats what its all about.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bulldawg
dude... i LIVE around this sillyness...and i dont understand its appeal.

and people i talked to all said "oh he was young and inexperienced..shoulda been more careful"

?? yeah..im sure the guys MOM would love that excuse.

so they just toss out a tribute and continue to rake in the $$$$ cause thats what its all about.
Ack Im sorry! I only see Nascar stuff up the wazoo when I go to Walmart. But I hear in the South its a religion like Elvis. Yeah, that Dale Earnhart(the Michael Jordan/Joe Montana of the 'sport') was pretty in experienced. :rolleyes:

I mean look at motor sports in general, I cant name one sport where whole families have been taken out from flying car parts. Every year several spectators seem to get killed int he stands. Whats up with that? And the fact Nascar is like a giant 3 hour Marlboro Winston ad...noone mentions that.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Ack Im sorry! I only see Nascar stuff up the wazoo when I go to Walmart. But I hear in the South its a religion like Elvis.
it IS. Kannapolis, NC (Dale Earnhardts hometown) is about 15min drive away and that town WORSHIPS him dude...EXACTLY like Elvis. even to the point where there is a statue of the guy in a section of the town's main street.

And the fact Nascar is like a giant 3 hour Marlboro Winston ad...noone mentions that.
whats funny is how all the merchandise REMOVES the alchohol logos on the cars when they market it to areas like walmart .. so if a kid buys a Dale Jr. race car...it wont say Budwiser..it will say Dale Jr. on the hood...but yet when the guy races...the car STILL says Budwiser...thus basically confusing the child more than making an avoidance of the whole thing.

but yeah.its pretty bad over here.
you cant really drive around the north side of charlotte without being bombarded in one way or another.

its pretty crazy. and on race weekends.. dude i stay indoors.
too many RV's and trucks smothering the highways.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bulldawg
it IS. Kannapolis, NC (Dale Earnhardts hometown) is about 15min drive away and that town WORSHIPS him dude...EXACTLY like Elvis.

whats funny is how all the merchandise REMOVES the alchohol logos on the cars when they market it to areas like walmart .. so if a kid buys a Dale Jr. race car...it wont say Budwiser..it will say Dale Jr. on the hood...but yet when the guy races...the car STILL says Budwiser...thus basically confusing the child more than making an avoidance of the whole thing.

but yeah.its pretty bad over here.
you cant really drive around the north side of charlotte without being bombarded in one way or another.

its pretty crazy. and on race weekends.. dude i stay indoors.
too many RV's and trucks smothering the highways.
Wow. Astonishing. The amazing thing is, its left turns...ALL left turns...all darn day. Left turns for endless hours, and you really cant get a good look at it, due to how the tracks are built.
I think its more the culture than the actual focus of the sport itself. I remember when Dale died, it came on the heels of another Nascar athlete death(and from what I hear there was one or two since) and there was questioning about the
legitimacy of the sport, and possible investigations. But entire familes could go up in flames and several top athleats could all die...and color commentators and folks would be all 'well, tune in next week!'

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Cory, we TAPED today's episode of TMNT, if you're interested! We weren't preempted by Nascar.....
(I'm BAD at typing! :embarrassed:)

Gonzo

Reaction score
Yeah,

I don't get the whole Nascar thing either. It's on about the same level as pro wrestling in my book.

The book I threw away.

:rolleyes:

DAG that Pepe comes in handy!

:big_grin:

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
That's cause you're in Utah.

I've heard that the county I live in here in Kentucky has the highest cable-subscription to wrasslin'.

Y'all just have churches and multiple wives and deserts and stuff.

(I guess)

SuperGrover

Reaction score
When we're not in Church, we're wrestling with our multiple wives in the desert. :eek: