Nate's in "The Odd Couple"

radionate

Reaction score
Hey all,

Because of all the "lurkers" on the board, I figured I'd post this in case anyone is close by.

I'll be playing Oscar Madison in Neil Simon's "The Odd Couple" July 18, 19, and 20 at 7:00 in the Oxford High School Theater. Please come if you are in the area. I have poured my life into this show both on stage and behind the scenes. I'll post pictures soon, but I think that this will rate second as my favorite show to have been involved in!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Hey Nate, that's great!

Break a leg and all that.

Were I in your neck of the woods I would be there-- terrific play.

radionate

Reaction score
Thanks Annika,

I know that Kevin (FOZZI3B3AR) is going to try and make it down for the show.

Maybe he can write a review!:big_grin:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Thanks Annika,

I know that Kevin (FOZZI3B3AR) is going to try and make it down for the show.

Maybe he can write a review!:big_grin:
Hey, I'm the writer around here---maybe Kev can pick me up, take me with him to the show, and I'll write a review! :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

Hey, I'm the writer around here---maybe Kev can pick me up, take me with him to the show, and I'll write a review! :big_grin:
I thought you were a technical writer....... :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

I was. But I'm muuuuuuuuuuuuuch more creative than technical!

Really!

I am!

:big_grin:
Then come see the show and write a review. You ain't that far away. Just don't expect to stay at my place. To many people and too messy as it is.

radionate

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well the show closed and it was a hit. Thanks for all the well wishes. I'll post pictures to my yahoo photo alblum soon. They are a hoot.

I gotta brag for a moment (I mean what else is MC for other then to share stuff, huh?). I had a little older lady come up to me after the show to say that she had seen the original production in the 1960's with Art Carney and Walter Matthau, and she swore up and down that my co-star and myself were every bit as good as they were. She said we had more chemistry between us, and more depth to the characters. It really made my night! I don't buy it, but it was nice anyway.

Here's to the day when my MC folks can make it to one of my shows!!!!

Foreignman

Reaction score
Congragulations Nate, I hope someday I can come to one of your shows... Right now I'm working on a modern-day version of Antigone, but it's a small theatre production. Anyway, congragulations again, and I hope you have as much success in future productions. By the way, is this what you want to do, or is your dream to make it on broadway, or with movies, or TV.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Great to hear, Nate! I'm sure when we do our homemade production of "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" in Emmy's living room at "A Muppet Central Family Christmas" this December, you're sure to snag a great part!

:big_grin:

Really though, that's awesome to hear about how well you did!!

:smile: