National Wildlife Federation

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody remember a cmmercial for the national wildlife federation, in which Bill, Gill, and Jill (all from MTM) are struggling to come up with an earthday slogan? They came up with things like "Make my earthday!". By the end of the commercial, the office is filled with crumbled-up papers and they don't undertsand what is so important about earth day. Robin then comes up and talks to them, and even gives them a slogan: "let's make it earth day every day". I believe that this was made in either the 1980s or 1990s (I'm thinking 1980s), and was often shown on TV untill at east 1994 (It was common for me to see it on Nickleodeon, and I don't recall seeing this on any other channels).

There was also another enviromental commercial, probably from the late 1980s, in which Kermit interviewed Mt. Rushmore about the enviroment. i can't remember if this was also for the national wildlife federation or something else. Speaking of this, there was a brief clip of these heads talking in The Muppets: A Celebration Of Thirty Years, during the montage of clips shown during "Pure Imagination". Was this clip from the public service announcement or The Muppet Show: Sex And Violence?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I remember 1 such commerical with The Muppets but can't recall witch 1.

BEAR

Reaction score
I remember The Muppets doing a bunch of those environmenta public service announcments. I wish I could remember them more clearly though. They were great because Jim Henson was a huge environmentalist and he loved nature and the outdoors.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
This is a first for me to hear about the Muppets talking about the environment through commercials.

ryan