1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Native Shoes and the Fraggles Ad Campaign

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by charlietheowl, Feb 2, 2012.

1. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Saw this link on Tumblr. Aside from my sadness at seeing the phrase "Travelling Mitt" (how hard can it be to avoid that error!), I am excited to see the Fraggles out somewhere in the press. The biggest question for me is regarding the picture of Uncle Matt.

I think it's a new picture. Does this mean the Henson company built a new Uncle Matt puppet? It looks like it and I hope so. If this is a new Uncle Matt puppet, then I'll feel safe (or foolish enough) to stoke up some viral video speculation.

What do you guys think?
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  2. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

That is one of the most unbeleaiveble things I ever seen!
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

They did build a new one a few years ago I think. It was used by Dave this year at the Henson Amphibian Ulmni event in NYC.
  4. charlietheowl

I didn't know that; I thought there was only the Red puppet still in circulation. If there has been an Uncle Matt puppet in existence for a few years, it's a shame they haven't done anything with it lately.
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

sweet! and NEW Fraggle Posters too! :)
  6. charlietheowl

Fraggle posters? Where? If you don't tell me, I'll have to send Sprocket on the case. :drool:
  7. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Yeah the shoes are good although I do like the shoes on Red!
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Whoah

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Best new Fraggly images in decades.

And uh...why is it JHC can't make new shorts or youtube viral videos with Fraggles?
    charlietheowl likes this.
  9. charlietheowl

Maybe something will come out of this ad campaign, like a commercial. If you've got the puppets, and I'm pretty sure Karen Prell would at least be willing to appear in anything, you might as well do it.
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i ment to say NEW fraggle posers NOT posters, lol sorry..
  11. charlietheowl

Hahaha that's fine. I sort of figured out that's what you meant after I posted! New poser puppets are a lot cooler anyway.
  12. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Red wearing shoes is... weird. It's like she's going all Silly Creature on us. However, that pic of Matt skateboarding is three scoops of awesome with whipped cream and a little radish on top. I'd buy that if it was a poster. Or poser.
  13. charlietheowl

They fixed "Travelling Mitt" to "Travelling Matt" in the original article. A win for copyeditors everywhere.
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Ha, it's subtle election cycle propaganda!
    charlietheowl likes this.
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Ah, Traveling Mitt... The Fraggle that was on a board for an investment bank that lobbied to make sure he only pays a thin slit of his taxes, and destroyed Massachusetts.
    bandit likes this.
  16. Tom Fraggle

Tom Fraggle Active Member

Wow! This is so cool to see Red again, still looking like good ole Red. Red in shoes though? I guess after 20+ years, maybe some Fraggles are getting more comfortable with the idea of wearing silly creature footwear when venturing outside of Fraggle Rock at times. heh
  17. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I argee, Tom Fraggle! As Mokey would say, "Red looks so funny wearing those shoes from a silly creature. (chuckles)! Well, back to my painting or writing I think."