1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Near and Far in spanish with Early Elmo

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by FUZZYRED, Oct 6, 2011.

1. FUZZYRED

FUZZYRED Active Member

2. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

I have heard that one in English before. That may be one of the few Richard Hunt Elmo's that are hard to find, but I'm not a hundred percent sure on that.

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This is going on purely the basis that these are the same exact monsters (not to mention the same background and setting) from "We're all Monsters," so it stands to reason, this might be another Jerry Nelson as "Baby Monster" case. it stands to reason that they were shot pretty close to each other, if not the same time.

4. PumpkinJ

PumpkinJ Well-Known Member

One of my friends 531sesamefan thought this skit that FUZZYRED brought up here would've had Early Elmo himself doing a Near and Far routine (like Grover doing it), until I realized that Drtooth pointed out in the comment above that this had the same monsters from "We Are All Monsters", so whoever misreads this you might be confusing it with the "Near Far Monsters" song.

That one appeared on the 12th episode of Barrio Sesamo in Spanish at 18:16.

So I guess I can confirm the skit of Early Elmo himself doing a Near and Far routine to be fake and from bad memory.