Need A Muppet Genius!

Shaggy

Reaction score
So, first a bit of background first.

I've been put in charge of coming up with nicknames for six guys in an organization I belong to, and I have chosen to give them names based on Muppet characters. I have always liked the Muppets, but I haven't seen them enough recently to be able to profile the characters' personalities. Additionaly I can't seem to find an online resource (besides the Muppet wiki, which has some but still limited info) that has any information on the personalities of the characters.

So...

I need someone who knows the characters well enough that can give the best description of their personalities possible, or someone to point to a resource that would have this info.

The characters I need profiles for are: Fozzie, Gonzo, Bunsen, Beaker, Rizzo, Rowlf, Scooter, Kermit, Pops, Sam, and Zoot

Thanks a million!

-Shaggy

peyjenk

Reaction score
Let's see...

Fozzie Bear desperately wants to be a comedian, but really isn't all that funny. He is rather needy and at times neurotic, but has a heart of gold. He gets nervous and flustered when chatting with someone he reveres (like Milton Berle or Raquel Welch), but comes alive onstage... despite his lack of comedic talent. He is a fan favorite because he is so sweet and friendly, and tries so very hard to be the best he can be.

Gonzo is a hook-nosed weirdo who believes that crazier is better. He is a self-proclaimed "artiste", but his art is so bizarre that nobody understands it. Once, he tapdanced on tapioca pudding. Another time, he quoted Shakespeare by hanging from a feather boa by his nose. He's also been known to train a wedge of cheese to do the flamenco and eat a rubber tie to the tune of "Flight of the Bumblebee". He is a pain junkie, and being crushed, thrown, hit, or electrocuted thrills him. He has a chicken fetish, but has also been known to ask a cow on a date. Despite his crazy antics, though, he has a sensitive side and is always there when a friend needs him. Sometimes he gets discouraged because nobody gets his art, but in the end, he's still Gonzo. Really, his character can be summed up in three words: he loves life. LOVES it.

Bunsen is a melon-headed scientist who is always creating interesting but completely unnecessary inventions- like a banana sharpener, a germ enlarger, and exploding clothes. He is a man of science and takes everything quite seriously. He tests all of his inventions on his hapless assistant, Beaker.

Beaker is an unfortunate soul who is terrified of everything... mainly because he hangs out with Bunsen all the time. He only talks in "meeps" and looks scared to death at all times. He has been known to get out of the lab, though, and show an artistic side: once he sang his own special version of "Feelings" and another time he joined Animal and the Swedish Chef for "Danny Boy".

peyjenk

Reaction score
To continue...

Rizzo is, to put it bluntly, a rat. He has a Bronx accent and puts on a tough-guy persona, but is really kinda vulnerable. He is very, very, very sarcastic, and tends to butt heads with other people. He has been paired up with Gonzo quite a bit, and while they are best friends, Rizzo has no patience for Gonzo's wild antics. Rizzo is a beligerent schemer who always thinks with his stomach. One of his best quotes is when he introduces himself in The Muppet Christmas Carol: "I am Rizzo the Rat, and I am here for the food."

More to come... I'm at work and have to get busy now. :smile: