Need help for ideas on a Jim Henson Project

Crackrgrrl

Reaction score
Hi - I'm doing a photo montage design project on Jim Henson that is supposed to convey his significance and his impact on the world, and was wondering if any of you could give me some good ideas on what I could have. So far I was thinking of having a photo of him and then maybe sketches of the muppets in the background or something like that - basically i'm in the beginning stages and any ideas would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Valerie
valerie@graphxcape.com

Gremlin

Reaction score
sounds fun. you could have a picture of him with a thinking cloud above him ,with muppet charaters in the cloud showing that he is brainstorming ideas...

Gremlin

Reaction score
:wink: heres a humorous one, have a picture of kermit controling jim as if he was a puppet.....lol

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think there are a lot of ideas, but there already are loads of pics of Jim withthe Muppets around him, why not use one of those?

SaraJayne

Reaction score
Crackrgrrl said:
Hi - I'm doing a photo montage design project on Jim Henson that is supposed to convey his significance and his impact on the world, and was wondering if any of you could give me some good ideas on what I could have. So far I was thinking of having a photo of him and then maybe sketches of the muppets in the background or something like that - basically i'm in the beginning stages and any ideas would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Valerie
valerie@graphxcape.com
There is a famous painting of Charles Dickens (actually based on another famous painting) where Dickens has just died from his stroke and all of his characters are standing around him with sad expressions. They all look like ghosts--coming out of the walls, being see-through, etc. That might be a really cool project.

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Valerie,
Why not have lots of great photos and some quotes that sum up the impcat tha Jim Henson made.
There are lots about Jim in "Jim Henson The Works" oh and I'm sure people at Muppet Central would be happy to provide quotes about the impact Jim had on their lives

Jamie

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Take a photo of the earth, and photoshop the images of the muppets into the earth photo so that they are transparent, but you see the planet through them, then put this in a thought bubble above Jim's head---IF you can find a photo of him 'thinking.'

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I'd try to find photos that show the Muppets in different parts of the world-- try to convey the extent of their impact on the world and not just their images. You could get a shot from SST in China, pictures-- or just the titles-- of the SSTco-productions around the world (include Kami from South Africa, something with the Israel/Jordan/Palestine co-production). Take a screen shot of one of the sites that sells Kubricks or other Muppety merchandise where the pricing is in Japanese. Pictures of the gang in England, Kermit in the Rose Bowl parade, Kermit giving a commencement speech, the statue at UM. Kevin Clash and Elmo at the White House. A First Lady appearing on SST with the Muppets (you can pick the one you want depending on your own political views :wink: ). Kermit getting his star on the walk of fame in Hollywood. Include something from Dark Crystal and the other productions, not just the main Muppety stuff.

I'm thinking that what you want to convey is not just that Jim Henson created some neat puppets, but that they have contributed to the world. You don't want to rely on your audience's knowledge of the Muppets, you want to show your audience that the Muppets matter in a way that the purple dinasaur (for example) does not.

Just my take on it, of course! Good luck and let us know how it turns out.