1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Need help with mold making!

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by piggy989piggy, Jun 3, 2016.

1. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

Hi:fanatic:

My MissPiggy head caly model is almost completely dry now,and I already bought plaster and everything is ready for mold making.

I was wondering what sould I put on the clay before I pour the plaster,so the clay wont stic to the mold?...(its dry water based clay)

2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I have heard some people use vasoline. I think some use cling wrap, but I don't know if that would be suitable in this case, as the plastic could leave crinkle marks and mightn't cling to the curves around the nose, etc.

3. propologist

propologist Member

You can coat it with "Krylon Crystal clear" about 4 good coats should be good. Make sure you let each coat dry before you spray more coats. This should be a 2 piece mold front and back. if you are doing foam of any type you should also have a core to make it hollow for your hand.

4. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

5. propologist

propologist Member

yes but make sure each layer is dry before the next.

6. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

Ok,thanks!

7. SandPunk

SandPunk Member

As far as mold release goes you can dust liberally with talcum powder, or buy a spray mold release from just about any craft store.

piggy989piggy likes this.
  8. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

Updates? I don't get out here too often but when I do, I'm always hoping for an update on your Miss Piggy. How's it going?

piggy989piggy likes this.
  9. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

Happy you find it interesting:)

well actually I am planing on updating soon, because Im almost done!

I have already made the head and the body and everything else I need for the basic(even made a few dresses and bought a wig) and I am waiting for the fleece to arrive.(will take about a month)

first I planed to flock her, but I couldnt find the right flock with the right price that ships to my country, so I decided to go with antron fleece.

I must say I am pretty happy with the results by far I think I got her just right, as I said, they are not covered yet but I can post some pics of the body and the head now if you want.

it will work as a poser(it has posable legs and replaceable posable hands) and as a puppet.

when I'l be done I'l post pictures with details and everything.

10. FoxWorthy

FoxWorthy Active Member

I'd love to Seethepics! :)

11. piggy989piggy

piggy989piggy Member

FoxWorthy likes this.