Need Muppeteers A.s.a.p. HELP!!

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Hey gang its Stevie I Need your Help, you see my Town in NY is poting on the 3erd Canaseraga Fall fest and the town just asked me if i could put on a nother Puppet show and i says yes but how about A Muppet Show? and thay sayed that would be even MORE GREAT!!. I have some Muppet Puppets... Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo(Home made), Janice (home made), Fozzie (Home made), Rowlf (home made) Robin (home made) ...Now see all of them i CAN do all of there voices, but i NEED more Muppeteers and thats were ALL you come in! If u can do there voices too, thats fine in case, i have more then one Muppet out together, and i wold all so like Satler and Waldorf and others to so IF you can do there voices and have home made Puppets of them and Help me perforem them that would bee SOOO Great! it ill be a 3 day thing in September well have sing alongs, songs, shows, skits, etc... So if you can Fly or drive down here that would be great, b/c i think a LOT of people have for got how funny the Muppets really are! If you what more info just ask.... heres the Web site for Canaseraga Fall fest im in there at the bottom it says "Stevie Baker and Company Puppet show" www.canaseraga.org

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Just some food for thought, but you might want to consider not doing this. Publiclly performing a "Muppet Show" using Muppet characters (even if you made then yourself) would constitute a very serious violation of copyright laws and you could get in a lot of legal trouble with the JHC.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by Buck-Beaver
Just some food for thought, but you might want to consider not doing this. Publiclly performing a "Muppet Show" using Muppet characters (even if you made then yourself) would constitute a very serious violation of copyright laws and you could get in a lot of legal trouble with the JHC.
Yeah, I know what you mean. My dad used to do sound for a rock band called Mana and one day they used Mahna, Mahna, as one of there songs, and there just happened to be a member of the JHC there.

He said, "Don't do it again"

Beauregard

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard

Yeah, I know what you mean. My dad used to do sound for a rock band called Mana and one day they used Mahna, Mahna, as one of there songs, and there just happened to be a member of the JHC there.

He said, "Don't do it again"

Beauregard
Yeah, big companies like JHC sometimes come across as huge greedy corporations when they crush small well-intentioned fan activities. What most people don't realize is that if they don't stop a daycare from having unauthorized murals of Big Bird on their walls then some overseas bootlegger making big $$ off unauthorized Big Bird t-shirts can actually use the daycare as evidence to get away with bootlegging. The law says you have to go after all copyright violations equally, or you can loose your copyright protection.

I will say that from what I have heard the JHC folks do seem to be polite (but firm) about these types of situations.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I thought it only counted as copyright infringment if the person makes money off of it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You cannot make money off a performance, you cannot claim to have ownership of the property, blah blah blah...it's all true.

Stevie...IF you do this (and I may be late by now) you could say it is your "Tribute to Jim Henson's Muppets." Thus, they know who you are, and that this is NOT the real Muppets.

I did a gig once, as a Ghostbuster. It said, "Meet a Real Ghostbuster" and had "look alike" in real small letters under Ghostbuster. I also didn't put in the logo and left the red circle with the stripe going the other direction. Someone pointed that out to me and I told them, "Copyright junk, y'know."

FOZ

Or, you could just call your show "The Muffit Show."

I would like to add, too, that when I did a Muley the Mule and Friends Show live for my Class Reunion, we did a opening blues theme, just to get their attention and to sit down and pay attention, then I played the opening portion of "The Muppet Show Theme Song" and Kermit popped up and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, It's the MULEY SHOW!!" Had the Muppets replaced with MULEY and the "O" in the show was out which he came thru. It got a great laugh, and I didn't even try to do his voice right. I didn't do the Muppet Show Theme past that point, and then Muley walked out with the Kermit Puppet dangling off his hand to welcome them all there. it was fun.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or of course you could call it the schmuppet show!

It reminds me of something that (proabaly didn't) happen to me! I remember humming the theme song to inspector Gadget and Andy Heyward (president of DIC animation) jumped out of a car, punched me and took my wallet for royalties... Of course I think it's him. What is he? A fat guy with a beard and a tatto on his arm that says hate?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Dr.Tooth,

Is that a picture, drawing, photo, CGI, or puppet or costume of Bullwinkle in your avatar?

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a Bullwinkle Puppet! Back when the series was starting out on NBC, the show was hosted by this puppet. It was performed by Bill Scott (whom, as we know was a writer, voice over of Bullwinkle and others, and Jay Ward's partner in crime) who had puppet experiance in the old "Time for Beany" series. This was deleted, however, when Bill (performing the puppet in Bullwinkle's voice) told kids that the knobs on the TV would come off if you pulled them, thus ensuring that they'd be tuned in for the next episode. The last straw was when he told kids to glue it back on..with a lot of glue. NBC pulled the plug on the puppet, and he was never seen again, except for public apperances and in an episode of the short lived Jay Ward show, Fractured Flickers.

I got all this from the Keith Scott (no relation to Bill) book, "The Moose that Roared!" If you can find it in a library, or in a book store, it's a good read!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kewl info, man! Those old Bullwinkle shows are hilarious! Wish they made them like THAT nowadays.