Need some advice!

GregJ

Reaction score
Here's my story: I'm a 46-yr old guy living in a trailer in TN. I've worked in tv & films. I was a background puppeteer on 'Muppets From Space.'

I would love to get on here & start posting regularly. I have a lot of thoughts on the Muppets, lots of opinions on which direction I feel they should take. BUT, if I get on here & start spewing away, will this screw up any chances I might have of ever working for Muppets again?

I realise my chances are slim at best, I don't have the funds to travel around to the assorted auditions. So part of me thinks, 'Well, I'm never gonna work for them again anyway, so why not cut loose?' But I'm hesitant, I really don't want to offend anyone, plus I know people who are currently working for Muppets & I don't want them to get into trouble simply because they know me. And of course if by some miracle an opportunity comes my way, I don't want to have blown my chances by ticking someone off.

What should I do? Start yapping or keep my mouth shut?

Beauregard

Reaction score
GregJ said:
Here's my story: I'm a 46-yr old guy living in a trailer in TN. I've worked in tv & films. I was a background puppeteer on 'Muppets From Space.'

I would love to get on here & start posting regularly. I have a lot of thoughts on the Muppets, lots of opinions on which direction I feel they should take. BUT, if I get on here & start spewing away, will this screw up any chances I might have of ever working for Muppets again?

And of course if by some miracle an opportunity comes my way, I don't want to have blown my chances by ticking someone off.

What should I do? Start yapping or keep my mouth shut?

Dispite what HPDJ and BEAR said, my thoughts on the matter would be to speak, but carefully. Like Secret Squirrel.

I'd say, Post snippets. Give your opinions like any other person, but keep them guarded. Don't mantion anyone by name. I mean, I wouldn't come in here shouting, "Brain Henson is such a punk..." (Not that he is, or I'd ever say that..um...) I think if you have valued opinions on something, and if you can give us insite to teh Muppets without giving away any secrets, you shouldn't have a problem. Wait for the opinion of Kevin, and some respected members here first though, don't just follow my ideas...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
First of all, I think it's so cool you were a back-up puppeteer on MFS, that's awesome. Second, you have the right to voice yer' opinions, but yes; I'm to understand this is a popular website for members of the JHC to look at as a feedback program, maybe you can ask Phil to change your user name and then feel more comfortable! There are members here who are very defensive, and I guess you can't blame them... then again, if the JHC wasn't paying particularly close attention to you here as a user before... they may now! :eek:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
GregJ said:
Hey, dude!

Nah, it'd be okay. I wouldn't use a screen-name so closely associated with my real name, though.

But nobody's been hauled to the guillotine for sharing a helpful opinion regarding the Muppets ever.

Personally, I think they need to stop letting Disney Attorney's re-write the script a month before shooting begins as a starter.

But, like has been said, "Secret Squirrel" tells us things here a lot. There's also a BUNCH of other folks who were once employees of the Jim Henson Company who post here frequently and talk to us. That being the case, I doubt you'll get any flack from 'em.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I would speak freely and as long as you are not insulting it would be fine. If you are worried then reregister will a different name to give you a secret identity (all sounds quite heroic really)

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I work on and off for Sesame Street and I post all the time. Just feel free to selectively not answer questions that you think might be incriminating. :wink:

GregJ

Reaction score
Thanks very much to everyone for their opinions. If anyone else feels like throwing their two cents in, please go ahead.

The 'secret identity' thing seems like a good idea, but then again, it kinda bothers me to have to express my opinions under an assumed name.

I'll definitely give this a lot more thought..

RedDragon

Reaction score
Speak your mind, man. They can't throw you in the dumps for your honest opinion. If you want to bash the Muppets then don't do it here, but don't be silent just because you're afraid to offend. If you do offend someone then they should take the time to understand your point of view. People often get angry over the smallest of things. If you want to go through life afraid of offending someone then you will never speak again. So be patient and have a talk to explain things with anyone you do offend. OK?