Netflix, do your stuff! The Magic School Bus gets new series.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Just found this out while looking at Netflix shows on Wikipedia. It will be called Magic School Bus 360°, and will be due out be next year after the rousing success of the original series on the service.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/b...rens-show-based-on-magic-school-bus.html?_r=0

Seems like this one will use more modern gadgets like robot suits, but I hope they don't go too overboard and ditch the fantastical elements altogether. The whole artistic licenses taken with science were what made the books and show fun.

Plus, I don't think Lily Tomlin will be reprising her role as Miss Frizzle, who was that character to me. Let's just hope whoever they choose to succeed her will do a good job.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I loved this show as a kid! I can't wait for the remake...
They're also doing a Popples remake. The original was mediocre at best (but not as bad as other terrors like Toddler Titans Goo Goo Ga Ga and Nina Needs To Go In Her Pants), and I hope the new Netflix Popples is a major improvement like MLP was.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what? I'm getting a little tired of Netflix's little passive-aggresive television system.

"Yeah, we know you already pay monthly fees to watch your favorite shows . . . but that's cable! We offer the same thing, only with the added bonus of usernames, passwords, and the need for a stable and secure internet connection! We also know what a hassle it is to watch DVDs by putting them in the player and navigating through menus for Lazy America! See? We're the same, but better!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Except the difference is there's variety. I'm glad to see these Netflix originals (and if you do enough looking you can totally find most of them on not that legal sites), as there's this annoying disconnect with animated programming. I like the shows on CN, but there's like 5 of them, TTG runs around the clock, and anything else (Sonic Boom, TF:RID) gets scuttled off to no one's awake at this hour death slots. Nick doesn't care how popular their popular cartoons are (unless you have Nicktoons). TMNT merchandise regularly sells out, yet it barely airs once a week (unless you have Nicktoons, where it runs practically all day). I'm glad Disney has a channel devoted to shows that aren't mind alteringly generic and unremarkable, but unless you have the super premium package, most people don't get it. Add to the Hub that only runs MLP:FIM, Littlest Pet Shop, TF: Rescue Bots (the only show with an intended male demographic). Again, I just don't see the Discovery Channel edutainment mattering one way or another.

I don't see any of them having the vision to bother running Inspector Gadget's revival. Maybe the Hub if it were still the same channel. Considering his last show was never brought over to the US for similar reasons, I'm glad to see this one get any American legal release (it airs on actual TV in Canada I've heard).

They're also doing a Popples remake. The original was mediocre at best (but not as bad as other terrors like Toddler Titans Goo Goo Ga Ga and Nina Needs To Go In Her Pants), and I hope the new Netflix Popples is a major improvement like MLP was.
You just watch someone call it a ripoff of those "Hide-a-way Pet" toys they advertise endlessly. This is clearly just to sell toys. I remember their last revival lasting a few weeks last decade (better than most 1980's franchises that weren't TMNT). I don't see it as being anything close to good or entertaining. The 1980's show was more saccharine than a Sweet n' Low factory could produce at full capacity.

Luke kun

Reaction score
I loved this show as a kid! I can't wait for the remake...
You watch Mr. Enter? Since he coined the name Toddler Titans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No no no. The show's really called "It's Always Sunny in Jump City."

Oh. And to keep things on subject, I highly recommend the new Croods prequel cartoon series. I've firmly loved all of Netflix's Dreamworks series, though I haven't watched the new HTTYD series or Dinotrux quite yet.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
No. Just no.

I prefer the original cartoon series instead of the new series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's the standard obnoxious fan thing to do. Just all the sudden reject something that's not even meant for them as soon as its announced.

I certainly have nothing wrong with a new generation of kids falling in love with science through the Friz.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
You watch Mr. Enter? Since he coined the name Toddler Titans.
M. Enter is just a dookiehead who doesn't really know how to review things, takes cartoons way too seriously, can't take criticism, has major attitude problems, is extremely potty-mouthed and has gone out of his way to attack specific people (writers, directors, etc.) who worked on things he doesn't like via his videos, social media sites, etc. :mad:

Also, insultive and untrue names like Toddler Titans are never to be used and should not exist. It makes reviewers like Enter look like the real toddlers here.