1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Never Before, Never Again (Alternate Version)

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by FrackleFan2012, Sep 22, 2012.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Hey, everyone! I found a super rare alternate version of Never Before, Never Again that was only shown British theaters in 1979 and once on VHS. This came from the 97-minute UK cut version of "The Muppet Movie". This one contains a different, more 'pop' music track that wasn't included in the US releases.
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I can't help it, I do enjoy this song, though probably a lot of it is '70s nostalgia, hehe. :)
  3. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

A very very interesting version of this song! It sounds great. :)
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'm actually not that crazy about it myself.
  5. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Yep, this was included on the extended Virgin Video release. I really enjoy it! It's got a real late 70's feel to it.
  6. Mo Frackle

There's more extended footage I've posted links to over in the "Watched the Muppet Movie and noticed a lot of new stuff" thread. (Sorry for shamelessly puggling another thread).
  7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yes exactly, that's why I like it, lol.
  8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The UK version of "Never Before, Never Again" was also on the UK Muppet Movie soundtrack. The soundtrack version also plays on Muppet Central Radio.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Ehh I guess I'm in the minority here. :/
  10. Mo Frackle

I love with irony of the fact that in that first crowd shot, Steve is standing right behind one of his future characters.
    muppetfan24/7 and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  11. Pinkflower7783

You know I had never thought about that. That is quite ironic. And what a future character it is too.
  12. Mo Frackle

The irony continues:
    [​IMG]
  13. Pinkflower7783

I've seen that picture before and the first thing I thought of was something or someone was definitely laying out the future.
    muppetfan24/7 and Mo Frackle like this.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Okay last muffining. But no more irony then in MTM when Rizzo says thats the closest he ever wants to be to a frog. :p
    heralde and Mo Frackle like this.
  15. Mo Frackle

Never thought about it like that.
  16. Pinkflower7783

You know I just gave another listen to this and I actually like it now. Last night when I listened to it it was on my phone so the sound was probably a little off to me.
    heralde likes this.