Never Met, Yet Connected

Gonzo14

Reaction score
After reading all of the memories and tributes to Jerry Nelson, I decided to make 2 playlists on my iTunes. I made a Jerry Nelson playlist featuring songs from Gobo, Floyd, The Count, Robin, etc, and then I made a Jim Henson playlist featuring Kermit, Erine, Rowlf, Cantus, etc. I even went on youtube and looked up old clips from Jim Henson's memorial.

While doing all this, I actually felt sad about their passing, and thankful about the impact and inspiration that the Muppets have brought to my life. Not just from Jim and Jerry, but Richard, Frank, Dave, Steve, and the rest as well.

The point of all of this is that I never met any of these people (I'm only 24), yet I felt connected to these people through their work. This may just be me being a sap, but I think this goes to show that all of these people live on through the Muppets, and through the enertainment, lessons, values, character, and silliness of The Muppets. I bet none of them knew what kind of impact they woud be making when they got started in this business, but I'm glad they did.

(btw I wasn't sure if this should go in the memorial thread or not, feel free to move it if you like)

Hubert

Reaction score
I really like that you are bringing this up, I think this is a great thread topic. It just continues to amaze me how a bunch of people we never even met could be our best friends of sorts. It's amazing what these people did for us, and how they connected to us through their work in such a unique way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I get the sad feeling that I probably won't ever get a chance or opportunity to meet Caroll Spinney, though I really would like to.