New 7 Wonders Of The World Announced

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! maybe that's just because it's the eight wonder.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
They also left off Miss Liberty

They also took away my number one woman the Statue of Liberty. Maybe if the parks department stopped being a bunch of fraidy cats and reopened the crown, they'd let her in.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately

Yes. It was closed right after 9/11. At first there were plans to increase security and reopen it in the near future, but nows the Parks department has all but declared that they won't do it. Almost every New Yorker wants it open. The tourists that come to NYC want to be able to go up there. Even Mayor Bloomberg (whom I rarely agree with) has told the Parks Department to set a date for the reopening, but they keep hemming and hawing about how they think that it's a target. It might be, but with increased security and cameras and an emergency elevator (hard, but doable) they could make sure nothing happens and get people out of there in a hurry if it does. Also due to the size of the statue an attack on itwould not be as deadly as 9/11 was. nowhere near 3,000 people could fit into it at one time. The most that might be able to be in there climbing the stairs and gazing out of the crown is 200 maybe 300 in the summer (top tourist season).

WE NEED TO REOPEN THE CROWN NOW :mad:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Aww man! I visited it before but it was raining and I not sure it was opened at the time. But I always wanted to go up there. Oh well for now I guess.