New ALF Movie from Sony Pictures

Luke

Reaction score
Hi All

Looks like The Muppets isnt the only new puppetry rebirth .... Sony has greenlit a new ALF theatrical movie.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2012/06/14/entertainment/doc4fda56d78c6f0120838635.txt

Great news. The creators of ALF (similar to Jim) have always been very protective of the character and are puppetry traditionalists so I can see this being good and not just another retro character coming back type thing. Quite a big partner with Sony too.

Hope everyone is groovy!

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is good news, though I just want to know what direction the film is taking. I dug Project ALF, though there seemed to be a few missed opportunities here and there (some to circumstances beyond their control in a couple cases). I'd tend to think Paul wouldn't go for the idea of just making a clone of the original series in movie form, but it could easily take that route.

Plus, I'd hate to think that something could go wrong in the production, holding the movie up due to Paul's perfectionism (that gets on everyone he works withs' collective nerves, as I'm told).

But hopefully this is the vehicle that brings the character back, unlike the other attempts.

Lola p

Reaction score
This BETTER be better than the stupid T.V. special that left things unanswered!

Luke

Reaction score
I think it will be better with Sony behind things. I know they had an idea to do a prequel movie from back on Melmac up until ALF crashed, but maybe the more marketable format (to attract new viewers and kids at least) is to re-do the sitcom, or at least lead upto a point where they can do that on TV. Just doubt it'd ever be the same though.

I kinda like the idea of Paul being a perfectionist. They have stayed true to the character, never sold him out (even the 10-10-220 ads were well done), they always take care in what he does and like to keep the magic of him alive. I guess you just dont have much time and resources to get things done nowadays though.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I'm all for more Alf...always hated how the sitcom ended...the project Alf movie was prety cool too.. I'd rather see something different than an outright remake.... as lon as Alf stays true to himeslf it should work

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm all for more Alf...always hated how the sitcom ended...the project Alf movie was prety cool too.. I'd rather see something different than an outright remake.... as lon as Alf stays true to himeslf it should work
I like how the comic sort of ended things where the show left off. ALF escapes the Alien Task force and they marry off Rhonda to Skip, and they all wind up living with the Tanners in the end.

Yeah, I don't really want to see a remake. Either an all puppet prequel that takes place on Melmac, or some continuation after the Project ALF film... something that isn't just remaking the sitcom into a movie.

muppetperson

Reaction score
The ALF movie has been in the works for a while and was getting filmed.So I guess it must have stopped till a backer was found.I hope the movie is a success and that ALF gets another TV show.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
The ALF movie has been in the works for a while and was getting filmed.So I guess it must have stopped till a backer was found.I hope the movie is a success and that ALF gets another TV show.
Yeah, I Hope So Too:smile: