1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New animated Grover PSA's

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Three new animated public service announcements about street safety featuring Grover has been released:

&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
    &feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
    &feature=feedu

I think Grover looks too cute. And since these are going to be shown all over the world, I like the touch of adding international characters in the background.
  2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... because it IS an international initiative, I didn't even noticed that until the second one I watched, though.

Seriously, Grover with a thumbs up NEEDS to be a T-Shirt.
  3. Muppet dude Active Member

I have to admit, Grover and his mom seem to present these PSAs better than the G.I. Joe team did! (Muppet connection: all G.I. Joe PSAs were by Marvel Productions, which also produced "Muppet Babies!")
  4. mr3urious Well-Known Member

And both the Muppets and Marvel are now owned by Disney! What a coinkydink! :)
  5. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thank you. This is so fantastic and it seems you got the jump on everybody in posting this news! :super:
  6. Drtooth Well-Known Member

They do it without the need of dialogue... especially since this was made for the international market (note the Sesame Street logo changes at the end of the PSA to several international titles). It's nice to see a PSA that ISN'T made out of irrelevant Disney movies.
  7. BIGMuppetFan Member

These are great! I love the touch of international with the Logos and the use of no words so everybody can understand and they present these PSAs with easy to understand graphics. What young Child hasn't pretended that the car or their bike was something else, I know I did. :)

I really liked in the last PSA "Airline Pilot" where in the back ground and international Muppet and Cookie Monster are on the See-Saw and the international Muppet is in the air and angry at cooking since he is so big and the See-Saw can't move. hahah great! :D
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

these are cute...thank god it wasnt CGI, frankly i get a lil tired of GCI.
    :busy:
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, it is technically animated with computers.... :cool: But I don't think it would have been half as stylish or cool in CGI as it is here. I REALLY love how they drew Grover and the internationals here. Grover's Mom seems to have her Children's book youth for some reason.
  10. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think they have great design and animation. The only problem I have is Grover's nose is way big.
  11. mbmfrog Active Member

Amen to that comment. :)
  12. GonzoLeaper Active Member

I saw these as Muppet Wiki posted the links. Great PSAs! I do like that Grover was chosen to be the lead for these. And it's nice to see the other Sesame Street characters in the background, including some international characters.:super:
  13. frogboy4 Inactive Member

perfection on every level! :super:
  14. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Considering these and the recent "Elmo's Travel Songs and Games" video, I wonder if traffic safety will be a main curriculum focus next season.
  15. Drtooth Well-Known Member

You'd think so, but according to Muppet Wiki (and the Elmo Saves Money video) the curriculum WILL be about money. Hope they don't ram it down our throats like they did with the health and nature initiatives.