New Between the Lions episodes

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is old news or new. I was flipping through the channels and I found out that there are new episodes of between the Lions on PBS. Apparently, like what's going on with Sesame Street right now, they are only showing a few new episodes at a time, using reruns as filler. I've heard new episodes were going to be made, in joint effort with the Mississippi Public broadcasting system a while back. Looks like they're here now.

Anyway, I watched one of them and.... well, I wasn't impressed. They changed the format, so instead of reading one story, and having the story reflect the plot of the episode, they read 2 stories, and there is no plot whatsoever. And even still, they read these stories before. They use even more old footage, only the story intros are new. And one unfortunate thing is new as well... "It's a Pig's world" in which an animated (in Flash, it looks like, and not very well done) Information hen reads a very bland story about a pig's farm somehow relating to the first story. Not only is it terribly tedious, but she does the exact same story per episode TWICE! Same skit is shown TWICE. That's rediculous.

Now, you can say whatever you want about the new Sesame Street, but I find this much worse, myself. All the things I liked best about the series are gone, and this is pretty much (and I hate to use the term) "Dumbed down." They don't even teach vowel sounds anymore, just single letter sounds. It's just not the same show. And it's cheap too.

BTW, I think Pam is still performing Liona, but the original Theo is back (probably since Bear is over with for now).

salemfan

Reaction score
I think the new episodes of Between the Lions should have more "new" details than they do.