New Category?

mummytomb

Reaction score
I think it's time to divide this forum page into sub-categories. we've simply got too much being posted here on 4 or so pages. It's getting hard to find what you've been looking for.
How do you feel?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I don't personally think that's necessary. Too many sub-categories makes it more time-consuming to browse a forum. If someone is looking for specific information they can use the search function.

It might be an idea to expand the number of forum pages beyond 4 or 5.

mummytomb

Reaction score
I just feel that "new monster puppet on Ebay" discussions and things like that would be better suited in another class of the puppetry threads.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think most people enjoy the ebay threads. I don't browse ebay myself, so it's interesting to see what goes up for sale there.

What some forums do is dedicate a thread to something like ebay auctions, sticky it and only allow auctions to be posted there. That might be a solution, but it requires fairly diligent moderating to make it work. No disrespect to Philip, Cindy, Anita, et al - who I know all have busy lives - but unfortunately, one of the long-standing criticisms of MC is that it's very loosely moderated and because of that I'm not sure if a solution like that for ebay auctions would work here.

mummytomb

Reaction score
Sure.

I'm saying that while the SS category has modern and classic areas to post we here in puppetry only have one place and it's getting crowded with a heap of questions that have already been answered, double postings and angry shoppers.
I'd like to see a "How to..." forum for those of us with the thread and glue in our hands wondering, "should I?" While the glue and paint dries waiting for just the right person to fish through the "I saw this great book," and "Isn't the swazzle show fantastic," and "does Disney have the right," or even "does this look infected to you" to get to the postings on page six, only to discover that the answer is't there.
Am I Honestly asking too much? I don't think it sounds unreasonable at all. Tha fact that I can't get anyone other than Buck (who is generous to respond to almost evry discussion) could prove my point.

I don't think I've used these before, so here goes-:halo: :sing: :smirk:
That was fun.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
You may get more attention on this issue if you post in the Feedback section.