New Christmas Toy DVD soon?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

Lastyear (2005) for Christmas we got a NEW "Emmet Otter" dvd from HIT!, now i remeber someone here sayin that HIT! had/has "The Christmas Toy" planned for a NEW dvd for Holiday 2006! anyone hear anything on this? :confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So far there has been no official announcement for this release. Maybe Hit does have plans, maybe it was a rumor, or maybe Hit did have plans but cancled them. Well, Hit still has between now and 2009 to release it on DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
superboober said:
Why 2009? Do their rights to it expire then?
Yes. Currently, Hit has the distribution rights to a majority of Henson productions, including The Christmas Toy, untill 2009. Hit and Henson may renew the contract, or they may not.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hopefully they will renew their deal, but I really wish that Disney wouldn't be so dang crotchity about lending their Muppet appearances, especially when it butchers other presentations! I understand why, but sheesh y'know? I wanna see those specials the way they were originally.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that Disney wouldn't allow Hit to include Kermit's scenes on the Emmet Otter DVD because Hit! is a rival compoany. I wonder if Disney would allow a non-rival company to release Emmet Otter and Christmas Toy uncut with Kermit's scenes included? If that is the case, then I'd like a non-rival to get the DVD rights to these specials after the current contract ends.

Then again, Dog City was released on DVD by Hit! in the UK with Rowlf's scenes. I don't know why Disney allowed Rowlf's scenes to be uncut, unless either A) Disney is too protective of other companies using Kermit nut not Rowlf, as he isn't as famous as Kermit, B) Hit! Didn't get permission, thinking that Disney wouldn't know or care about Rowlf, or C) permission wasn't needed for a UK release.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I would like this on DVD too. I have the VHS version but DVD is so much better. But yeah, you can pretty much count on the fact it would be edited.